Club Quarters Hotel, Trafalgar Square
$288
$279
Hotwire.com
2,447 results
All reviewsgreat locationfiltered waterbuckingham palacenational gallerycharing cross stationbig benice machinelondon eyecovent gardenwalking distancewest endcentral locationgood sizebusiness hotelbusiness tripstandard roomsmall room
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This hotel was not only comfortable and clean but, the staff was excellent and the view was amazing! There were a lot of little extras that made our stay even better than we expected. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I'd recommend this hotel for location, value and service. I needed a central London hotel near my office as I had injured my knee and was being advised to minimise walking and travel generally. This hotel is very close to many major west End sites - both for sight seeing and work - from the National Gallery and Parliament to Charing Cross and the business areas around Piccadilly. The price - via lastminute.com - was very reasonable for such a well located hotel with such good facilities. And service was thoughtful. One night I ordered a meal from the Deliverance takeaway menu. One of the staff - Tadas - delivered it but then noticed himself that I was missing a plate, glass etc and went away to get everything I neeed very promptly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a two day stay here on the 8th & 9th Jan. We saw the amazing Beverley Knight in the Bodyguard at the Adelphi, which is a few minutes walk away, and a tour of the emirates, again, easy access to the underground. The room was perfect for us, with views of Big Ben and the London Eye. For the ladies, I found this bathroom to be fantastic for getting ready. Good lighting,moveable mirrors and a magnified mirror. We had a meal in the hotel on the first night. The service and the food was excellent, although my partner was still hungry due to the portion size. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel as a business traveller for over 2 years now and it's almost my second home. The location couldn't be better with Trafalgar Square on the doorstep, Charing Cross Station and Embankment tube within spitting distance, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Theatre district, the South Bank, St Paul's etc, etc all within walking distance. Ok, maybe St Paul's is a bit far for some but with the Tube just a few hundred yards away you can get around London very easily and the Thames Clipper has a pier just by Embankment Tube so you can use the river as well. Boyds, the bar and restaurant off the reception hall has a huge high ceiling with marble columns and feels very grand indeed. Even if you are visiting on business walking through the doors to that makes you feel a little more special than some generic chain hotel that could be anywhere and no where. The staff are always helpful, if you give them the opportunity to be and I have never had a problem unresolved.

PS: I am writing this review from Room 423 of this very hotel using their free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel away from Northumberland Avenue - this a a main road onto Trafalgar Square and although you might get a glimpse of Nelson's Column (if you strain out of the window!) it can be noisy and there is a bus stop right outside too.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked for one night. The best thing about the hotel was the location. It was right in the centre of town and was a stones throw from all the main London attractions. Easy to find and only 5 mins walk from Charing Cross station on the Strand. The taxi to Leicester Sq was only £5.50. The room was on the small size (I have had bigger rooms at Premier Inn and such like). The kitchenette was ok for one night but the room was for three adults and only supplied tea and coffee etc... for two. We had to ask for towels as only one hand towel and flannel was supplied. The room, we booked was a superior room with a queen sized bed, what we got was a double bed and a camp bed. We were offered another room which didn't help so we accepted a bottle of wine instead. There were free water bottles and an ice dispenser on each landing which was a nice touch. The shower was nice and bathroom was decorated well. The lobby was stylish but more so than the rooms. We paid £154.50 which was good value considering the location, however, I would say this is no more than a 3* hotel so if you are looking for a bit of extra luxury go elsewhere. The staff were very friendly and helpful in every way.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple