“Its OK”

Club Quarters Hotel, Trafalgar Square
Ranked #190 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel really has a great location & by London standards not at all shabby. I am a frequent visitor to london & have stayed in many hotels. If I compare to London standards well its above average, but because I also frequently travel extensively in other countries this gets an average. Its definitely above average from a location, cleanliness, free water & service staff friendliness point of view. Average when I think about noise (as with many other London hotels) the creaking floors & thin walls make interrupted sleep an issue, the rooms are tiny & the heating is provided by a split unit which took a couple of days to kick in so was a bit chilly. The bathroom was particularly small & the flush was a really nightmare (as far as bathroom I would say slight below average). However the most unpleasant experience was when I was on a teleconference and was asked to leave the bar area (Boyd) by a very snotty lady who told me "this is not the lobby & we are not part of the hotel!!" I must say I was very upset as I had just finished a 4pound latte & had just paid the bill. So maybe I should have drunk it very slowly... I had to do my TC standing in the hall so the hotel really needs a lobby!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dahlia G
There are newer reviews for Club Quarters Hotel, Trafalgar Square

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed for one night with my husband, but wish we could have stayed longer. Location was perfect for our requirements, had a river cruise booked and was just minutes away from the hotel. Room was extremely clean and comfortable and staff on reception so polite and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Was able to leave our suitcase when we checked out as we were going to do a bit more sightseeing before we headed home. Even gave us an umbrella to borrow as the weather was very wet. Fantasic location, right near to all the famous attractions. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We haver stayed at this property twice, both times over the Christmas/New Years holidays. The location is the best for enjoying the holidays, especially New Years fireworks! We are able to walk to most of the sites and restaurants we enjoy and multiple tube stations are a quick walk to whisk us off to enjoy other parts of the city. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we enjoyed the convenience of having a kitchenette. Each floor also provides chilled, purified water that we find to be a nice treat. I do have to say the elevators are small and can be crowded and when there this time it always seemed one was out of service. There also was a lot of children running around the halls and playing in the elevators, more an issue with parenting rather than the hotel. For a visitor to London who wants to enjoy the city, it is a hotel that is hard to beat!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This fantastic hotel is situated within one minute walk of Trafalgar Square and is a real gem.
I was there on business but will return as the hotel is surrounded by amazing places to visit, including Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Downing Street, the Embankment, not to mention Covent Garden and the West End Theatres.

The room was spotless and beautifully and thoughtfully furnished, making the very best of the space. All the fittings are modern and attractive and work well in this gorgeous old building.
The bed was one of the best I have ever slept in, and the pillows were to die for.

Our room was described as a "small double". This was probably for our American cousins as the rooms are much bigger there. Although I found this refreshingly honest as most hotel rooms in London as disgracefully small, they need not have said it, as it was really a very decent size.
I am a large chap and my wife and I did not find it at all small.

The hotel has a fantastic service providing water. There is a service point/room on each floor with a filtered water water machine and empty bottles and you can help yourself to water, and refill the bottles as many times as you like during your stay. Getting water in hotels is always a problem. Not here.....and for free.
Also in these little rooms is a supply of tea, coffee etc if you need to restock your room.

The service is also terrific. The people on reception were terrifically helpful at all times. They recommended places to get breakfast (Garfunkels - cheaper than in the hotel and VERY close), helped with transport and when we asked for extra pillows it was sorted straight away. And.....very friendly! This doesn't happen much in London.

On balance, I think this is the best hotel I stayed in London for many years and heartily recommend it to you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here for two nights and were very pleased with our stay. For starters, you cannot beat the location. In case you haven't figured it out, this hotel is located within the The Grand at Trafalgar Square. It's also a quick walk from the Embankment Underground and Charing Cross rail stations.

When choosing this hotel, the biggest selling point was location. When travelling, we tend to walk around as much as possible and were excited to learn we could walk to Horse Guards Parade, Parliament, Buckingham Palace, and Covent Garden within 10-15 minutes at a leisurely place.

We did hear other tourists (fellow Americans -- go figure) complaining about the size of their room. I'm not sure what they expected from a historic hotel in the heart of the city, but yes, the rooms are small. That being said, our room was also clean and comfortable (though no ironing board). The hotel also offers free WiFi (always a plus) which was fast and easy to connect, as well as purified water and bottling stations on each floor.

In summary, I would definitely look into staying at this hotel during my next visit to London.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just back from staying in this hotel and would definitely recommend it! The location is fantastic, within walking distance of everywhere but with the added convenience of the tube station across the road... There were 15 of us and we all found the facilities great. The water station is a great touch as is the free WiFi... Hotel bar is expensive but you are in London! The staff were particularly helpful, 15 women checking in together can't be easy but they did it quickly and efficiently ... I would advise anyone looking at hotels in London to take the bad reviews with a pinch of salt, you can't please all of the people all of the time but this does please most of the time....We hope to be back!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Really great stay here. Location is very central. Very friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean and quiet despite being moments away from the London hustle and bustle. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to London, my husband and I have already booked our next stay!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple