“Nice Pub”

Ranked #1,042 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Whether you want to curl up by the open fire with a glass of wine, or soak up the lively social atmosphere at the bar, The King’s Head invites you to enjoy the Great British pub experience your way. A quiz night every Monday is the perfect opportunity to get together as a group.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Good traditional pub but reasonably modern with nice staff and decent drink. The night I was in was for a brief but enjoyable visit - decent jazz band on which helped the atmosphere

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is great pub in London, if you are ever near Earls Court and want a good place to have a quite Drink and meal, I would recommend it

Reviewed January 29, 2013

One of my favourite pubs in my area, I particularly appreciate the position (hidden nice alley) and the atmosphere, very friendly and laid back. Nice music but not too loud (I hate the pubs where you have to yell to be heard, for that there are the clubs), comfy sofas, beautiful modern paintings on the walls, and my favourite thing: quiz night on Mondays!
Food is good, just not outstanding, and it takes a while to be served, many times I have been told the cook was on break... but this is the only flaw, for the rest I really enjoy here every time I come.
Never too crowded or noisy, even when it is full, I suggest the sofa next to the fireplace if it's free when you arrive. Very clean spaces, even the toilets. They occasionally host live music of local bands.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I walked past this place a few times, i went in recently after work and nice atmosphere, i was starving and asked how long food would take, i was told 20-30 mins which was ok. When my food arrived it looked good and i asked for mayonnaise. I was brought a ramekin of mayonnaise or si i thought.... I smothered it on my toasted bun of my cajun burger and started eating after the first couple of bites i suddenly realised it was very strong garlic mayo and was overpowering the cajun spices. I complained to the waitress and after 10 mins she came back to inform me "we only do garlic mayo" i asked to speak to the manager an although i could see him behind the bar he was not available. I was soo hungry and had had garlic now on my tongue i ate the rest of the burger. I walked up to the manager after i finished and asked about the situation and got a response of "you ate it!" i explained that i was not happy and was told that they only do garlic mayo as if it was my fault! I would not recommend this place due to the attitude of the staff.

1  Thank stutdygirl
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

First dropped last january when we had finished exhibiting at Earls Court. My french colleagues loved it, as did I.
This year we have eaten there three nights out of five. Great food, good beer, a host who just cannot do enough to please, and log fires. Heaven!