“Great steak”

Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Loved this place! I went to the one on Throgmorton Street with a friend and we really enjoyed ourselves! For a good price you get a salad (delicious, a slight horseradish flavour in the dressing, which I loved), a steak, and LOTS of frites! Here, they serve you 2/3 of your meal and when you finish that they bring you the remainder that they have kept nice and hot for you. My steak was cooked perfectly and the sauce that comes with the steak is to die for! I only wish they gave a little more as it's really nice to dip your frites into as well. The wine was very nice and reasonably priced. My friend and I also got the creme brulee which was creamy and delicious. I will definitely be coming back to this place! The waitresses were all very nice and courteous, and we never waited long for anything.

One thing to be aware of is they don't offer every cooking variation to the steak. I can't quite remember which ones they offer, but it doesn't include all of the usuals (e.g. they don't offer medium well, etc.) This wasn't a problem for me as I'm not terribly picky about how my steak is cooked, as long as there's some pink, but I know certain friends and family are very specific about how they like theirs done and probably wouldn't be pleased if they found their usual "doneness" of choice wasn't available. However, I was completely satisfied with the entire meal and I will definitely be back!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Visited here with former and current colleagues for a business meeting. It was a fixed menu - so Steak it is then! Great steaks, perfectly cooked, and a decent red to boot. Good value for its location and I'll be bringing people back.

I have been told that lunchtimes get very busy - so be warned!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

So you can't book, there's no menu and you have a walnut salad to start and 2 portions of steak and chips for a main. This won't be for everyone but if this if you go in knowing what this place is about you will not be disappointed. The steak was delicious as was the Walnut salad with a really nice dressing to start. The red wine was reccomended to us and complemented the steak perfectly. The staff however let the place down. She took my salad away before I'd even finished and I had to ask her to leave it. Then she plonked down the steaks for my guests when they were still on their starter which was pretty rude. However there was a great buzz in the place, the food came out quickly and if you like steak and chips - what's not to enjoy.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We queued for an hour to get in.
We always visit when over from Ireland as the sauce they use is the culinary equivalent of heroin.
Its brilliant but the wait can be daunting.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Would def recommend fab food and house red wine, about £70 for two which is excellent for London. Staff excellent, it's a real experience. Going to try the canary wharf one too as they are doing a special 50% off entire bill until 26th jan 2013.