“Best restaurant”

Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Would def recommend fab food and house red wine, about £70 for two which is excellent for London. Staff excellent, it's a real experience. Going to try the canary wharf one too as they are doing a special 50% off entire bill until 26th jan 2013.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Last night I visited the restaurant in Marylebone with some friends to celebrate my 60th birthday. What a disappointment to find it closed for refurbishment not to mention the inconvenience to my friends and some embarrassment. After some delay we regrouped at the City Entrecote but by that time the gloss had gone of the evening. For the record the food was fine, the service unsmiling and the house wine disappointing.

The most annoying thing is that there is no notice on the Entrecote website which I had visited the day before to check opening times.

There was almost no apology when we knocked on the door and it took five minutes to get a piece of paper with the address of the City restaurant for us.

The Entrecote had a fine tradition but they are doomed if they don't start putting their customers first.

My ratings reflect our experience of the two restaurants we visited. I rated the food as average to take into account the poor quality of the house wine, which by the way I have previously enjoyed on earlier visits.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been a loyal customer of Entrecôte-style brasseries since I was a child, so finding out that one of these exists in London was a delight! The salad and the beef are both amazing, and the house wine is worth checking out. I've even been here with my kid brothers—and as it turns out, the restaurant's quite willing to serve the meat without the herb sauce (heresy!). If the meal doesn't leave you fully satisfied, though, I'd recommend going elsewhere for desserts; theirs are nothing to write home about. (No reservations accepted!)

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've been to the Canary Wharf branch 4 times now, all on weekends to take advantage of the 50% discount on all food, beverages and house wine (through the end of January, I believe.)
As a caveat, I don't know that I'll go back once the discount expires. I think it would be overpriced at full price, but at discount it's full marks.
The steak is always delicious and perfectly cooked. They only make one thing, so it had better be, I suppose. They go by French standards here, so Bleu=raw, Rare=med-rare, Medium=med-rare~med, and well done, well, no offence but why would you?
The steak is served with chips(french fries) and a starter salad, which is great if you enjoy mustard dressing( I do, and it's not overpowering). The steak comes with a lovely green sauce either smothering it or on the side.
Want ketchup? Sorry, but no (to the immense frustration of my son, until he actually tasted it the sauce and then tucked in.) Different kind of dressing? No. Steak sauce? Haha, Monsieur is very funny, but non.
And really this is all very refreshing. A place that does one thing, does it well, and kindly go elsewhere if you don't like it. It's easy for everyone, and if you do like it, it's a very nice experience (qualified by the discount).
I recommend this place highly, on the current pricing scheme. At full price, you may as well go to Goodman's or Gaucho.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Got one of the last seats in the house for lunch. Loved the steak in special sauce, frites were amazing. Wine by the glass selection was lovely. Go hungry!