“Do not go there”
Review of Goodwood Hotel

Goodwood Hotel
Ranked #447 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is not a hotel, this is a dump. The minute i entered the front door I knew I made a big mistake. If it was not late at night i would have left immedietely. The room was smelly and dirty. The toilet was a cabin built in the room. I booked 3 nights and left after one.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Akmal A

Reviewed May 3, 2014

The hotel is very near King Cross and S.Pancras, so perfect for underground, buses and trains from airport. The receptionists are friendly and kind. The hotel is BASIC but clean, very quiet!
There are some places in front of it for breakfast, lunch

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband & I stayed here for 1 night as we were catching the early Eurostar the following morning. The hotel was situated about a 10 minute walk from St Pancras International station. When we arrived the alarm system obviously had a problem as it was beeping every couple of seconds.The man said it had been reported the previous week but not yet fixed! Luckily between our room and the said alarm was a fire door which kept the noise out. There is nothing good that I can write about my experience here so I will just add photos and leave you to make your own mind up

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sue P
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was a lovely hotel. It is small and run by very friendly management. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to an ensuite room and allowed to check in early which was a bonus. They had lots of good suggestions for restaurants and sight-seeing. Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would happily recommend the hotel to people who want good value for money and a central location.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The best thing about this place is the location. Not only the hotel is within walking distance from many sights, but also it is pretty close from pub/club areas. The room was quite small, but that's fine when you plan to spend all day out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

If your looking for somewhere well located to Euston and Kings Cross station for a early morning train then this is a good choice and for £59 for a double room you can't really complain.

The only thing that I don't appreciate at all is when a hotel clearly fabricates pictures for it's website that are in a completely different league to the actual product that you are getting, this is misleading and it can also be considered as a scam.

We have stayed in budget hotels and hostels all around the world and are very aware that you get what you pay for, we are not overly fussy either and found this hotel to have the basics that we required and it was comfortable enough for a nights sleep before a early start.

What we did not like was that it was a very run down premises with dingy, dated décor and the "double deluxe" room was the size of a cell, the television also did not work until I retuned it manually myself and the plugs were all hanging dangerously out of the walls.

Like I said above, it was not the end of the world and we got what we paid for however it was the deception that annoyed us and I suggest that this establishment corrects it's pictures to show what you are actually getting for your money as sooner or later they will get someone who will be unhappy enough to take a complaint further.

Shop around as I'm sure you can get better.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

After a few days of trying to book a family of 5 into one room for one night I stumbled across good wood and booked it as pics looked great, however I then read reviews and was horrified but was too late to cancel as London seemed to be all booked,,,,,, we arrived and owner was lovely bloke, gave us our keys to the family room, pleasantly surprised nice and clean and lovely and warm and decor v new we were also set to the back of the property so no hassle off others disturbing you,,,, rest of hotel is a complete dump but apparently its going through refurbishment...... I'm not so sure....but didn't bother us as we only there one night and room was fine.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends