“Great value!”
Review of Goodwood Hotel

Goodwood Hotel
Ranked #448 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was a lovely hotel. It is small and run by very friendly management. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to an ensuite room and allowed to check in early which was a bonus. They had lots of good suggestions for restaurants and sight-seeing. Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would happily recommend the hotel to people who want good value for money and a central location.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The best thing about this place is the location. Not only the hotel is within walking distance from many sights, but also it is pretty close from pub/club areas. The room was quite small, but that's fine when you plan to spend all day out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

If your looking for somewhere well located to Euston and Kings Cross station for a early morning train then this is a good choice and for £59 for a double room you can't really complain.

The only thing that I don't appreciate at all is when a hotel clearly fabricates pictures for it's website that are in a completely different league to the actual product that you are getting, this is misleading and it can also be considered as a scam.

We have stayed in budget hotels and hostels all around the world and are very aware that you get what you pay for, we are not overly fussy either and found this hotel to have the basics that we required and it was comfortable enough for a nights sleep before a early start.

What we did not like was that it was a very run down premises with dingy, dated décor and the "double deluxe" room was the size of a cell, the television also did not work until I retuned it manually myself and the plugs were all hanging dangerously out of the walls.

Like I said above, it was not the end of the world and we got what we paid for however it was the deception that annoyed us and I suggest that this establishment corrects it's pictures to show what you are actually getting for your money as sooner or later they will get someone who will be unhappy enough to take a complaint further.

Shop around as I'm sure you can get better.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

After a few days of trying to book a family of 5 into one room for one night I stumbled across good wood and booked it as pics looked great, however I then read reviews and was horrified but was too late to cancel as London seemed to be all booked,,,,,, we arrived and owner was lovely bloke, gave us our keys to the family room, pleasantly surprised nice and clean and lovely and warm and decor v new we were also set to the back of the property so no hassle off others disturbing you,,,, rest of hotel is a complete dump but apparently its going through refurbishment...... I'm not so sure....but didn't bother us as we only there one night and room was fine.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank asir38
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Beware. I stayed here last year -in March 2013- and I couldn't believe the difference between the photos they put up at the website and what the rooms actually looked like: dingy, small, old, cramped. It is just such a cheat! Also my heater didn't work at all and it was quite cold at the time. They did move me to another room the next day and they said I should've told them right away and they would've moved me the same night, so that was nice. I had to go ask for towels though. The second room was bigger and warm at least. Still, the reason that I have decided to review this after all was because I was looking for hotels in London again and remembered that the pictures on their website are completely fake, and that is just totally unacceptable. Someone should make them take this down, it is pure cheating! Look at the customer pictures before you book. Or better even, don't book at all.

The sheets were clean, btw.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room upstairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our hotel of choice was overbooked, and as we only found out about this two days before departure we didn't have much of a choice. We booked a triple room and, much to our amusement, ended up in the basement in a room with three beds that had to be pushed together tightly in order for the bathroom door to open. The room was clean, as were the sheets, the location was excellent, we had a great night's sleep because the beds were comfy and the owner was friendly enough. Don't stay here if you intend to spend more than the minimum amount of time in the hotel awake, but for us it was good value for money. (Us = female, Dutch, ages 40 - 45)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2013

As soon as we arrived getting out of the taxi I noticed a pile of dirty washing laying in the court yard below. Once we booked in at 14.00pm the time the rooms should have been ready we were told we couldn't go to our pre-booked room as it wasn't cleaned yet so we were forced to wait in a nearby coffee shop.

Around 1 hour later we finally entered our room sadly no more than a very small room which didn't have any kind of view. Although the bed sheets were clean I dread to think of what the condition of the mattress was in. The walls were stained and marked and the whole room badly needed a complete paint over with fresh curtains and wardrobe.

Just outside our door there was a CCTV camera facing all the bedroom doors felt kind of creepy to be honest. We were just glad we only booked the one night there.

Happily we spent the whole day out and the evening shopping and taking in the sights. On returning around 10.30pm we settled into our rather dusty and dirty little room. Around midnight we heard ether visitors and some staff coming in. They were clearly drunk and made a fair amount of noise laughing and shouting they were mostly foreign mainly eastern block countries.

This carry on until around 5.00am at one point the noise was so bad I went out to investigate as I needed the toilet. On leaving my room I saw two bedroom doors wide open with one male visitor laying on a bed drunk nearly nude with another foreign guy chatting to a semi clothed female.

Judging my the noise they were making they were more than just chatting!!!. Having come out the toilets I went downstairs to see if any staff were on duty the tiny reception was shut up with a message saying it was closed. By this time other people were coming in all drunk and making a noise.

I went back to bed and we checked out by 08.30am as we just wanted to get home. Sadly this is just the kind of placed which should be closed down as this damages London's image. I will be back in London but will stay WELL CLEAR OF THIS PLACE!!!. And I'd advise others to do the same as there are some nice hotels and B&B's around.

Room Tip: Stay clear altogether
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family