Fountain House Apartments
$206
$155
Novotel
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$166
$294
$782
$629
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbedroom apartmenthyde parkpaddington stationexcellent locationbus stopcentral lineoxford streetmarble archstay there againwalking distanceleakageelectricityunderground
Reviewed February 6, 2012

The appartment was very clean, staff freindly and very close to Hydpark and underground.
I would recommed this appatment for family or group of friends either for holiday or for business.I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Hassan u
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Over priced, stank of smoke, poor level of cleanliness, extremely bad customer service.

When we arrived, the staff didn't even get off their chairs to greet us or show us the 2 bedroom apartment we rented. the elevator was broken. Our apartment stank so badly of smoke that my 8 year old cried and didn't "feel safe". There was no hair dryer, the sink drain and remote control were broken, there was a body hair on our sheets. When we complained, the head cleaner was defensive (though they did address some of the problems).The following day, the cleaners were confrontational--we just wanted to relax and could have done without the drama. The location is convenient, though loud.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank JayneE42
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We are a family with children, reserve a 3 BR Apt 7 wks in advance for GBP450 for 19 nights. They took the whole dues in advance.
When we arrived we found it was a real big cheat ,, pictures were so illusive, they don't reflect the actual thing which was not worth half the price.
The entrance was very small that it can hardly take 4 persons standing and the old junk small elevator that can take only 2 persons, it scared my children and they used the stairs to go to the 6th floor. The receiption staff were nice but can't solve any matter , they are remotely controled from some where.
What can I say ,,,, the only thing was nice was the kitchen and one ot the 2 bathrooms, other wise rooms were very small and the curtains are mostly broken and old.
We tried to change the place but left with no chilce since we paid in advance although we negotiated to that they charge us for 4 or 5 nights but no way.
In conclusion : I don't recommecd this place despite its closeness to any one that wants to enjoy their stay >>> It is not worth half the listed price.
Very very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Qadim
FountainH, Manager at Fountain House Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

We wish to thank you for the review and want to stress that we take any issues or complaints about our accommodation very seriously indeed.

For clarification we would like to point out that, in line with standard practice, we require full payment of accommodation upon arrival as in this particular case. Our terms and conditions, including the cancellation policy, are well documented and explained to all our guests at the time of booking. No payment had been taken in advance of arrival.

We sincerely apologise for the curtaining, which was duly replaced. Other matters pointed out have been attended to immediately and courteously. In view of actions taken we believe that there had been no grounds for compensation.

Please be assured that we are committed to providing quality accommodation and excellent service. All feedback is used in our efforts to make improvements all the time.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed here for a couple months this year and feel the same about Fountain House as many of the other reviewers. It was nice having a large flat right at the top of Hyde Park and next to the Tube (which was closed almost every single weekend I stayed there! Very frustrating!!), but I don't think the apartment was anything to write home about. Two of the bedrooms were facing Lancaster Terrace and got all the noise from the street, but the back bedroom was quiet and stayed dark in the morning.
The kitchen is more than adequate with all the appliances you could need, plus plates, pot/pans, silverware, etc. There was also a washer/dryer combo which took FOREVER, but better than nothing I suppose. The living room area was ok; had a flat screen tv on the wall, DVD player, two couches, coffee table, and a dining table with 4 chairs. The cleaning crew came three days during the week and always did a very thorough job. I did not find the front desk staff to be overly friendly, but it's not a hotel and they are not a concierge, so I won't give them too hard of a time on this review.
A couple nights there were drunk people screaming in the hallways (knocked on my door one time) and the intercom system to the front entrance is annoying as people rang my room at random hours. I would recommend the Fountain House to all people in all situations, but it could be a good fit depending on your circumstances. The location is excellent. Hope the pictures give you a good idea of what the flat is reaally like.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing Hyde Park
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Morgan S
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Our stay at the Fountain House appears to mirror those of a number of other reviews I have read. We were traveling with two young children (8yrs & 4yrs) and therefore the location being so close to the park and also the tube station was great. The size was good and the bathroom and kitchen quite new. The carpet had a number of burns where someone had dropped an iron while doing their clothes, some curtains & blinds were broken and the couch had a lot of stains. This was not in itself terouble as we understand that you expect some of these things in an apartment used by numerous different people, but we did come back one day to find that the covers on the couch and cushions had been removed and replaced by sheets. I am guessing to have them cleaned, but they were gone for nearly three days and no one said a word to us. A lady did actually come in to check on the broken curtains and noticed that the couch covers were missing and said she would check into it. We never heard back and therefore I can't say the service was very good at all, but the cleaning was done once while we were there for 5 nights and was done very well.

As our experience appears to mirror those of others who have placed reviews on 'Trip Advisor', I don't think anything is changing very quickly and therefore cannot recommend this apartment as I have previously done with others.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SpitzieAussie
FountainH, Manager at Fountain House Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Dear Guest
We thank you for your comment.
we are sorry for taking so long to reply to your comment,
but we do take our guests comments very seriously and you may
be interested to know that all carpets and curtains at Fountain house
are replaced with new ones.

We are sorry that it took long for the clean cushions to return, we will make
certain of not repeating the same mistake.

So we have the brand new carpets and our beautifully made to measure
Curtains, the fantastic Hyde Park view, the good location
and the good size apartments with nice kitchens and bathrooms as you agreed
and we hope we will see you again.

Fountain house