“Excellent location”
Review of Roseview Hotel

Roseview Hotel
Ranked #242 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family stayed in a large family room. It suited us perfectly - clean and comfortable beds. Nice shower gels were provided and the room was fresh and had all the facilities we needed. Nice and warm for us - we had family from Thailand staying so were worried it might be chilly at night - no such worries- lovely warm room. The breakfast was fine, and we felt well catered for. The staff were all very kind and on hand if we needed anything. Everyone said hello and the atmosphere was very pleasant. We wanted to tour London with our 4 month old baby so decided to avoid the tube and take buses. The bus stop is 2 minutes walk away, and serves many locations in central London. We travelled directly to Tower Bridge for the Tower of London and a river cruise. Another day, we travelled direct to Covent Garden for shopping and the British Museum. The buses are cheap (£2.40 each) and perfect if you have a pram. The buses take about 30 minutes and are door to door, so save a lot of hassle being packed onto tube trains and walking up and down escalators etc. Muswell Hill is a lovely village. We know it well because we have family there. There are numerous places to eat and useful shops within 1 or 2 minutes walk of the hotel. We were able to park the car safely at the hotel and felt it was safe and secure. The parking is free, a real bonus in London these days. I hope they keep it that way! The hotel bar is friendly and obviously well-liked by locals. Lots of cheery people using it. We have booked to stay again next month as we need to visit London for a meeting. This location is ideal. Thankyou for a nice experience at the Roseview.

Room Tip: Just ask when booking about what you require - I'm sure they would oblige. Our room was availabl...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Roseview, General Manager at Roseview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am glad that you liked the room that was allocated to you and made good use of our bar area.
I hope that we can accommodate you and your family again on another occasion in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Roseview Hotel

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I needed a place to stay at the last minute in Muswell Hill area of north London and this was one of the few places with rooms. If you need a place to stay for a night, it is fine. If you are looking for luxury or even just looked after, then it isn't so great. The things that worked well: the small but flat screen tv, the bed linen, its location in the centre of Muswell Hill, the staff were friendly and available. The things that did not work for me: the bathroom was in need of repair and renovation; the bathroom window could not have been left open as it was directly above a roof and should have had a security lock; the carpet in the bedroom was old enough to make it difficult to say what its original colour was; I could not tell if the door was locked from the inside so it felt unsafe; the breakfast room was depressing and the food was dated in style, bland and unimaginative. Maybe there are better rooms according to the hotel pictures. But I won't be going back there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your positive comments on the tv, bed linen and location of our hotel.
Just to confirm that all of our bedroom doors do lock automatically from the outside when they are closed. If this was a concern for you, you should have called down to reception to double check, especially as you had mentioned that the staff were friendly and available.
It is a shame that you had not given us feedback directly and instead chose to write a review on this website? As I am unable to determine which room you stayed in I cannot comment on any decoration issues. However, again, if you were not happy with your room, you could have asked reception if they had another room available for you which could have met your requirements. This would have given us the opertunity to address your issues and concerns with your room.
On a general note, I would always stongly advise that you book a hotel room in advance, especially if you have specific requirements.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Both me, my family and friends have stayed at this superb hotel several times. It is absolutely brilliant with comfortable rooms. The staff and the service at this hotel could´nt be more friendly or proffessional. And don´t forget the breakfast wich is fantastic.The location is perfect and you can easily go to London city by bus. Lots of good restaurants and pubs in the area. I will absolutely come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

It was great to see you all again and we look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to London.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My family and myself come to London regulalry. Our stay in the Roseview in Muswell Hill is based on location location location and it's proximity to Alexander Palace where many events and conferences, exhibitions are held. We would class Roseview as an average 3 star- it is what it is, a small boutique hotel which is non pretentious and has basic-good ammenities. The hotel does not try to be anything more than it is. We have always found the family run hotel staff very friendly and accomodating. We requested 1 twin room ( 2 persons) and 1 family room ( 3 people)- the family room is good value for money. We had 2 rooms on the first floor level rooms 101 and 103, which we all appreciated as my mother finds stairs difficult and there is no lift. I feel the staff made an effort for us by giving us these rooms, which again although a bit small are quite clean and basic- the only constructive points we would make is that they might consider new bedroom carpets some time in the very near future and also that the water pressure in room 103 was not great and if breakfast is included in the price give us an option to take it or leave it. Regardless of these points we managed our stay well and again our choice to stay here is based on how near the hotel is to shops, stores, restaurants etc etc and of course the Alexander Palace venue. We hope our constructive points will be taken on board by the management. All in all we would rate this hotel as a ''good basic 3 star'' and we hope to stay again next year, Sharma Family UK

Room Tip: If you have specific needs ask the staff beforehand as they are all very friendly and helpful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Roseview, General Manager at Roseview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for your review on staying with us over the past few years. It is always nice to hear such positive feedback in terms of how friendly and helpful our staff have been to you and your family during your recent visits. We are pleased that we could accommodate your request of your rooms being allocated on the first floor and next to each other.
We hope to see you again towards the end of the year.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was booked into this hotel by my firm, so i wasnt expecting a very nice hotel!! How wrong i was. I checked on here for reviews and only found one negative review and he must of been smoking crack or something because it is a very nice small hotel and i wouldnt hesitate in staying here again and im already planning on another trip here with the missis next time. I had a few small issues with the room but they were put right straight away by a member of staff, its in a great location in muswell hill and inbetween two tube stations, the only downside i could moan about was the lack of parking... oh and the soft bed but thats down to personal preferences more than the hotels fault... all in all a very good hotel with good food and great staff,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. It is great to hear that you were pleasently surprised by our little hotel. It is also good to hear that you are hoping to plan another visit to stay with us soon. Please keep in touch and let us know when you have finialised your dates. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Hotels in Muswell Hill are very strange, some pretentious and expensive (Raglan Hall) and some dreadful. The Roseview seemed recommended though so I booked up (for one night) and duly arrived two weeks later.

First impressions - bad. Receptionist told me that there was no room reserved for us! Eventually uncovered the booking but the room had been sold twice. Almost reluctantly let us have it as we were there first. Did not seem very apologetic for what could have been a major foul up (and presumably was for the other person).

Room was stone cold. Radiator did not come on. Otherwise pleasant enough and the bed was excellent. The bedroom ceiling light was dim and missing at least one bulb. The bathroom had a very slight smell of "plumbing".

Asked for the heating to be fixed as we went out. Same employee seemed fairly indifferent about it and seemed to think the heating was not on that time of day (despite being cold).

Came back several hours later and it was still cold. Went to bed with a strange humming noise audible. At 01:30 was rudely awoken by the room phone with a hotel employee (or owner for all I know) asking if they can come into the room to turn off the boiler. You can imagine my reply. Next minute the humming noise stopped. Was again rudely awoken with another phone call to ask if the noise had stopped. Spent the rest of the night in broken sleep thanks to this bizarre incident.

Breakfast was good, although some fresh (or any) fruit would not go amiss.

Free Wifi was useful and overall the hotel was decent enough. I asked for a reduction due to the problems and accepted £20, however on reflection I should have asked for a full refund as one would get this from somewhere like Premier Inn, if a good night's sleep had not been possible.

Would I return? If one takes the heating fiasco as a one-off then yes, although the staff could have been a bit more welcoming and a full refund would have been one way to make me want to return.

Still the best of a very odd bunch.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was spoilt by an issue with the heating in your room. It was in fact the night manager who called your room to ask you if they could enter your room to fix it for you. However you declined.
On a more positive note, I am glad to hear that you found the bed to be excellent and that you made full use of the free wifi service.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We use this hotel when visiting family in London. The location is great as it is only fifteen minutes from the M1 so you do not get caught up in much traffic. They have private free secure parking which is a great bonus.The staff are very friendly and accommodating.the breakfast is included in the price which again is most unusual for London. The rooms are clean and adequate,you do not pay top prices so do not expect much luxury but the rooms have everything you need for a short stay in the capital.There are many good coffee shops very close by and a small shopping area.the views across London are spectacular if you walk out the hotel to the central area of Muswell Hill.Transport by bus is good into the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be very friendly and appreciated the full English breakfast being included in our room rates. We hope to accommodate you again in the near future.