All reviewsalexandra palacemuswell hillwood greenminute walkbreakfast was buffet stylebit datedrestaurants and barsbus routesan overnight staysingle bedbudget hotelyogurttubesignaldust
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Just came back from spending 6 days at the Roseview Hotel while visiting family living in Muswell Hill. I highly recommend this hotel for those looking for a good accommodation on a budget. I give it an overall 5 stars because of its value.

We had one of the larger rooms for 89 GBP a night including the full English breakfast and all of the taxes. The room had a queen bed and a single bed plus en suite bathroom. It was clean and the maid service was excellent. This was one of the few hotels where she liked the hotel blow dryer better than her own. The breakfast was tasty and the staff willing to accommodate variations.

We didn't try the bar/restaurant, so I can't comment on it. If I had to find one thing to complain about, it would be the water pressure in the shower. However, I'd just come from a Hyatt hotel in Washington, DC that only had a little better pressure.

Getting to the hotel is easy. They have a deal with a local taxi company, Expressways Taxi, that will pick you up at Heathrow for 38 GBP and will return you back to Heathrow for 30 GBP. Alternatively, I took the Picadilly Line 31 stops to Bounds Green and the 102/299 bus to Muswell Hill.

There are no elevators, so be sure to ask the clerk if you need help getting you luggage up the stairs. They are very helpful.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back alley and it was mostly very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Roseview, General Manager at Roseview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Thank you for your very thorough review of your recent stay with us! We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable trip and it was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I hope that we see you again when you are next back in North London.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

A good hotel.
Pleasant large rooms.
Good bathroom facilities.
Excellent breakfast.
Very good location in Muswell Hill.
Car parking.
Did not use the Restaurant but it looked OK.
Every member of staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pambill2016

Thank you for your comments on all aspects of your stay with us. I am very pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I hope that we can accommodate you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

A great find up in Muswell Hill! Stayed up in this part of London to be close to friends who live in the area and very nice place indeed. Rooms were very clean/comfortable and even though we had many flights of stairs out room was in the back which meant nice and quiet. There was a pub downstairs which proved useful for late drinks one night and while they offered brekkie we didn't take advantage as have to eat at Banners in Crouch End while in London at all costs as best Black Pudding you will ever have!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Penny A
Roseview, General Manager at Roseview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our bedrooms to be clean and comfortable. I am also glad that you managed to take advantage of our hotel bar. Feedback like this is always very appreciated from all members of staff so thank you once again.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed here for a Saturday night.
Parking was the only real problem as it was quite limited.
Very helpful and friendly staff, printed a map for us to find the party we were going to.
The small double room which we had was clean and pleasant.
Breakfast was a bit disappointing but my wife and I have been spoilt in the past so have high expectations.
£70 for a good, clean London hotel can't be bad. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Mrnick99

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. It is always great to hear that our staff are helpful and friendly! I am disappointed that you were not impressed with your breakfast, as most of our reviews always mention the breakfast as a highlight. However, I hope we can rectify that on your next visit.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed at Roseview Hotel in the small double room, This room was perfect for are needs.The service was great and the staff were always pleasant and happy to help.The full English breakfast was one of the best i have tasted. will go back soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Roseview, Manager at Roseview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

I am so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently. Thank you for your comments on our staff and breakfast. I hope that we can accommodate you again in the near future. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review, it's much appreciated.