“Great Location, Friendly Staff, Clean Room”
Review of Elmwood Hotel

Elmwood Hotel
Ranked #369 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here at the begining of our trip, the room was a decent size for the amount of time we spent in it. It was a minute walk from Kings Cross tube station, the staff were really friendly and helpful and there were some old style english pubs placed around it which were good for a feed and a drink. The room was really clean and the breakfast supplied in the morning was good to get you started instead of having to get something on your way out.

Thanks for the great start to our holiday :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks on to the park, we were only up one flight of stairs which was perfect :)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
John G, Manager at Elmwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear our client,

Thank you for your nice words and your great feedback regarding your latest stay at the Elmwood hotel, we are really pleased to see your comment and we will do our best to satisfy our honest
clients.
I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I didn't like the room stuck in the basement it was small no room to swing a cat, also it was very noisy is sounded like the people above were moving the furniture about all night long and talking and drinking and shouting! so zero sleep. But the worst thing was when I arrived the man on reception told me about the parking I was told I could park outside up to 8 am and then move the car to the other side of the road and buy a ticket at a machine at the end of the road, I asked him if it was any ware on the other side of the road and he said yes. So in the morning I got up moved the car to the other side of the road and paid £8.50 (not cheap just for an hour or so to get packed and checkout) when I went out to the car a short wile later I had a ticket for £ 65.00 so I am very unhappy with this hotel and I strongly advise anyone else not to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your comment regarding your latest stay at the Elmwood hotel.
please accept our apology for the first part of your comment about your stay in room 34
which is basically a Triple room and has enough space for 2 people, however you weren't happy
and we apologies to you of not being happy.

About the parking penalty please do not put this issue on our staff, the parking rules is written on a sign published by the council in the street outside the hotel door and there is 4 signs, it is always the responsibility of the driver, you as driver knows the rules written in English more than a
foreign person who not drive !

I was at the front desk the day your checked out and I called my staff who insisted that he told you about the correct parking rules as he is working for Elmwood hotel since 5 years and knows well the rules and it was confirmed also by your wife , she said that the reception man asked you to move the car at 8 am to the parking bay where is the meter is which you didn't do and still insisting it is the reception mistake!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We have just returned from this hotel having spent 3 days in London. The hotel is in a fantastic position being close to all the transport links. In a small square with similar hotels.
We had a 4 bedded room that was adequate in size with an en-suite shower.The room was clean and tidy, although the curtains had seen better days. Due to the weather being extremely warm the room was roasting, a fan would definitely have been a bonus.
Breakfast was OK, continental in style, white and brown toast, cheese, ham, chicken (processed), eggs, orange and apple juice and cereals. The breakfast staff were friendly and happy to help with extra toast etc.
The reception staff were very helpful and friendly, giving us plenty of information and print off's with directions etc. The reception is open 24 hours
The hotel offers left luggage facility which was great as our train home was at 9pm.
All in all a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mattisonallen

Dear Our Client thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor towards your latest stay at London Elmwood hotel, I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel.
we promise you to keep our standard and service the same and even better.
Thank you for your comment once again , and in behalf of all our staff we thank you and we would love to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Good location near Kings Cross. Hotel was clean and basic facilities i didnt like the basement room we were in though, very small ,if i stay again which i probably would, id ask for a room higher up, breakfast continental, would have prefferred full english, overall good value for money (double room) for London.

Room Tip: dont get a basement room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thebe G

Thanks for your review towards your latest stay at the Elmwood hotel.

we promise you to offer a better nicer room in higher floor next time your stay ,
I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
John G, Manager at Elmwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I look at people's reviews, there are mix, I feel little nerves. When I arrived did worried little but all okay, thought card i payed was Debit card but it different card but all fine. First staff I met was good and room I'm alright with it I'm only one person, but WiFI password was wrong but I used different WiFI but Connection was bit bad at times. Seen other staffs they were also good, Do spend more time out and about in London and hotel 24 hours but do return to hotel about 6 or 7pm. I heard noise of people coming to there room but I'm okay with that. Breakfast was okay but toast not toasted properly. But when I left no one in reception but some new guy, not sure that i put the key through the hole or leave it on reception. I'm okay with hotel, seeing bad reviews from others do annoyed me, guess they expected too much. I come for London.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We booked a family room for 6 knowing that it would be a small crowded room and we were sadly correct. With baggages in tow it was almost impossible to move in between the 4 beds. Breakfast was adequate and filling. Nothing special. The main advantage was it was just a short 5 minute walk to the Kings Cross terminal. With our luggages plus a baby stroller this was very convenient.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room in the ground floor. The stairs are steep and make it difficult to bring lugga...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family