“Most bang for your buck, Amazing location”
Review of Manor Hotel

Manor Hotel
Ranked #115 of 566 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 21, 2013

London can get expensive ... and let's face it, most of the time you are running the streets of this amazing city, not sitting around in your hotel room. For this reason we decided to go the cheaper route and chose this hotel instead of a fancier hotel. Well, I'm so glad we did! The room was very clean and they have free breakfast. Also, the location is literally a 2 minute walk to the Earls Court Tube, which is convenient beyond words. Also in terms of location, the hotel is in this cute neighborhood filled with groceries, kabob shops, pubs, cafes/coffee places, so you never have to venture far for anything.

OUr room was on the main floor so we didnt have to worry about the stairs or lack of elevator and having to drag our furniture in and up the stairs...so if possible, request room 7, it was great. For those of you who are clean and shower freaks like me, the shower was very clean and had HOT water everyday without fail.

As for Wi-fi, its super cheap... I think something like 10-15 pounds for 3 days.

Please save your money on shopping, West end, and food in London ... not on an expensive hotel. Stay at Manor Hotel!

Room Tip: Ground floor, #7.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RPMTravels23

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel is in a good area, in a silent road, near the tube station of Earl's Court and a street with a wide range of supermarkets and restaurants. The bathroom is small but the beds are quite comfortable.
The breakfast is basic but good - toast, jams, cereals, juice, tea, coffee and chocolate. There is no lift and the stairs are quite steep.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is in need of refurbishment!

The reception area is very 'third world' and has a lingering smell of cigarettes. The male receptionist looked as though he hadn't changed clothes or seen the inside of a shower cubicle for a week or so.

I was allocated a room on the top floor. There is no lift and there are 60+ steps to climb. Not a problem for me but if you had a suitcase to log up the stairs and/or were elderly or not so fit, then it would have been quite an ordeal.

What can I say about the room? Memorable but not for the right reasons!

If there was a remote control for the TV I was unable to find it. The room was small with a shower cubicle in one corner and a toilet squeezed into a cupboard. All in all in need of updating and not a very welcoming place to stay.

This is another of those annoying hotels which don't offer breakfast before 7:30, by which time I had long since left the place. Judging by some of the other reviews, I don't think I missed much.

On the plus side, the hotel is conveniently situated a few minutes walk from Earls Court Tube station but there are many better hotels than this in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2013

At the price we expected a basic hotel. It certainly was but it was also lacking in basic maintenance. We had to go to reception to obtain soap and a TV remote control and then we were unable to use the wash basin because the plug mechanism was broken. This was apparently impossible to fix so we had to change rooms. Clearly, whoever cleans the rooms lacks any basic training. Similarly, we expected a simple breakfast. It was simply dreadful, the concept being to use the lowest possible quality ingredients to save money. Although the booking company did not warn us, the hotel charges a 4% surcharge for using a credit card. Whatever your views on card surcharges, this amount is outrageous. If the owners have such a thing as a business plan, it does not incorporate the concept that generating repeat business and recommendations is the most cost effective way of building a consumer business. On the positive side, the hotel was clean and the bed comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

When my wife and I recently went to the UK, we needed a cheap place to spend the first few nights in London. What we needed was something clean, cheap and on a budget. The Manor Hotel is just that. There's very few frills but everything was kept up. We stayed in an ensuite room (for about 50 pounds a night). While the decorating was definitely late 80s-early 90s, you can tell that they are working on renovations. The window in our room was new, the bathroom was almost bigger than the bedroom but was gorgeously done. You could almost have dragged a cot in there. Whatever the size and decoration, the rooms were spotless. Breakfast was included and it is simple but good fare - toast, jams and jellies, cereals and juice, tea or coffee. All the staff we met were incredibly nice. All this combined with it being less than a five minute walk from the Earl's Court Station (which is on District and Picadilly lines) made it even better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt A
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was really happy with this room but I will say that we may have had a better experience than some. I was travelling with my sister and we got to stay in room #5 right behind the front desk on the main floor - I'm guessing because the man at the desk didn't want to have to help us up the stairs with our bags. There is no elevator and if we had been anywhere but the main floor - that would have been an issue and would change how I feel about the hotel. But since we got the main floor - I was totally happy and would stay here again for sure.

The Good .....
- very clean and bright
- spacious
- comfy blankets and pillows and plenty of them
- good area - 5 minute walk to Earl's Court underground station and everything you could need nearby - groceries, restaurants, laundry - very cute little neighborhood

The Bad .....
- the shower knobs were a mind bending puzzle and I still don't understand how the water eventually came out of the shower head
- the toilet flushing was like a hurricane and took some getting used to but there was no doubt about it getting the job done at least
- no elevator

Room Tip: ask for a room on the main floor if you don't want to carry heavy bags upstairs because there is...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2012

A friend and I stayed in this hotel overnight (£30 each).We were pleasantly surprised for what we got considering it was so affordable.
The decor was dated but the rooms were spotless. The beds were comfy and had nice clean white bedding.
The staff were very friendly and polite both in reception and at breakfast.
There was no cooked breakfast and you helped yourself to cereal, juice and coffee and the girls provided hot toast. Personally this suited me fine as I never eat cooked anyway!
The location was safe and very near Earl's Court tube station. Off the main road there are some very beautiful Georgian and Regency houses with lots of quaint mews houses painted in Farrow and Ball colours which I loved.
Perhaps the only pitfall was the stairs. We were in room 24 which was on the third floor up winding stairs so if you had any mobility problems this could be an issue.
I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends