“Great BALANCE between atmosphere and food quality”
Review of Balans Earls Court - CLOSED

Balans Earls Court
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Tube - Earls Court; Bus - 14, 74, 148, 328, C1, C3
Description: Located at 239 Old Brompton Street, Balans is open from 7.30am until midnight Monday to Friday and Sundays. On Fridays and Saturdays it stays open till 1am. The comfortable dining room and conservatory offer the perfect location to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. Balans offers a seasonal menu as well as changing daily specials using the best and freshest ingredients available. Breakfast specialities include eggs Benedict, blueberry pancakes as well as a traditional English breakfast. House specialities are steaks, seafood, the famous Balans burger as well as truly tempting desserts. With a varied modern brasserie style menu Balans really hits the spot. Balans also offers an extensive wine menu and a cocktail bar serving a wide range of delicious drinks, including martinis, mojitos and frozen daiquiris. Famous for a warm welcome and friendly service, Balans Earls Court is the perfect place for a great dining experience.
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Great breakfast place! Friendly staff and good vibe! Love when the place is busy and full of people but still everything is just working! Good arrived quick and the quality was excellent!

Recommend the crispy bacon over the English bacon if your not used to it! Just ask :)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I went there for dinner and found it hard to believe the indifference to the customer. We waited 20 minutes while the waiter arranged tables in another room. There were 4 customers and all had already been served, so why did we wait to order a drink, let alone dinner? We finally got our drinks and my beer was warm and had to be replaced. The waiter said, "Oh, I thought it felt warm". The food, when it finally came, was OK, but the service put us off and we would not go back again. Once is enough.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Balans Earl's Court is a lovely neighborhood eatery that serves simple but delicious fare. I liked it so much the first time that I made a second visit during my stay in the area.
I really loved the smoked salmon omelet that came with a side of well seasoned cubed potatoes. The staff here is also very friendly and unfailingly make guests feel comfortable and at home.
Prices are also quite reasonable in a city that demands a premium for just about everything.
I understand there are other locations (in Soho for instance) but have not visited those. Balans Earl's Court is an excellent bet however. Give it a go.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very nice breakfast menu, plenty of choice. We both went for the burrito, which had A LOT of egg. Service was very attentive, if we went back would probably order something different, but certainly best breakfast in the area as far as we could see. Recommended.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I am a firm liver of balans. I like the atmosphere and the wide variety of food available. Last night I went to the Earls Court branch. The welcome as always was excellent, the seats were comfortable, the lighting good. We ordered our drinks within 2 minutes of sitting down. We ordered our food before our drinks were presented. All was good. My only concern was being given the wrong dessert, in fact one we hadn't even ordered. But in the main, very happy as always. 8/10 for service.