“Does what it does well!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Balans Earls Court - CLOSED

Balans Earls Court
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Tube - Earls Court; Bus - 14, 74, 148, 328, C1, C3
Description: Located at 239 Old Brompton Street, Balans is open from 7.30am until midnight Monday to Friday and Sundays. On Fridays and Saturdays it stays open till 1am. The comfortable dining room and conservatory offer the perfect location to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. Balans offers a seasonal menu as well as changing daily specials using the best and freshest ingredients available. Breakfast specialities include eggs Benedict, blueberry pancakes as well as a traditional English breakfast. House specialities are steaks, seafood, the famous Balans burger as well as truly tempting desserts. With a varied modern brasserie style menu Balans really hits the spot. Balans also offers an extensive wine menu and a cocktail bar serving a wide range of delicious drinks, including martinis, mojitos and frozen daiquiris. Famous for a warm welcome and friendly service, Balans Earls Court is the perfect place for a great dining experience.
London, United Kingdom
“Does what it does well!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I come to the Balans in Earl's Court maybe twice a month for Sunday brunch because it has everything I look for in a brunch venue.
To start off with the food is delicious; fresh and large portions. I always go for the Eggs Benedict and my only frustration is that I want to try all the other items on the menu because they all look so good. I've never had it, but if you're hungry, the breakfast burrito looks like it should take care of that.
Next the restaurant itself, is very nicely designed and well balanced - calm and relaxing; exactly what's needed after a big night the day before.
The service is excellent - we've been coming here for 3-4 years consistently and we're always looked after by the same waiter who takes care of us wherever we sit - he's efficient, friendly and isn't over-bearing (i.e. constantly asking if everything is ok).
I've never been able to find a place that does brunch like Balans - that's probably because it's my local brunch venue and I'm biased but for me, brunch at Balans with the Sunday papers is my idea of heaven.

Aiken
“Great Breakfast here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Didn't go here for any meal except breakfast. Porridge was great as was full English breakfast and we don't even like mushrooms! Very clean and fast, efficient service. Met locals here which added to the fun!

London, United Kingdom
“Keep the Balans...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had a quick mocha coffee a sunny day at the tables outside! The owner was really helpful and friendly... Perfect for some drinks with friends!

Keene, New Hampshire
“Best breakfast in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at the Kensington Nadler and staff suggested Balans for breakfast. This was absolutely the best breakfast we had during our 2 week stay in England. Cafe Latte was hot and delicious. Fried eggs perfectly cooked, delicious home fries and sausage. As far as we are concerned, this is the best place to enjoy breakfast if you find you are near a Balans in London

• Visited October 2013
“Friendly staff but not the management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Ignorant, rude and unpleasant management but great waiting staff. Overpriced food and drinks especially teas, coffees and soft drinks considering that service charge is added to your bill.
No atmosphere.