“Great Sunday brunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Balans Earls Court - CLOSED

Balans Earls Court
Cuisines: British, American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Tube - Earls Court; Bus - 14, 74, 148, 328, C1, C3
Description: Located at 239 Old Brompton Street, Balans is open from 7.30am until midnight Monday to Friday and Sundays. On Fridays and Saturdays it stays open till 1am. The comfortable dining room and conservatory offer the perfect location to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. Balans offers a seasonal menu as well as changing daily specials using the best and freshest ingredients available. Breakfast specialities include eggs Benedict, blueberry pancakes as well as a traditional English breakfast. House specialities are steaks, seafood, the famous Balans burger as well as truly tempting desserts. With a varied modern brasserie style menu Balans really hits the spot. Balans also offers an extensive wine menu and a cocktail bar serving a wide range of delicious drinks, including martinis, mojitos and frozen daiquiris. Famous for a warm welcome and friendly service, Balans Earls Court is the perfect place for a great dining experience.
London, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've been for lunch and dinner but always enjoy Sunday brunch! The full English is great and the coffee is very good. There's a variety of different dishes but the atmosphere and service makes the visit even more enjoyable. It's a favourite with local residents so you might have to wait if you've not reserved a table. If you're coming for dinner don't forget to arrive before 7pm or you'll miss the happy hour two-for-one cocktail special!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Very patchy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Always great service and atmosphere but food only average at best. I've had great breakfasts but dinner always hit and miss

UK
“Used to be better.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Used to be regular customers of both Balans Earls Court and Soho. We will not be back in a rush. Service was mixed - one friendly waiter but the rest of the staff nonchalant at best and not interested in comments about food. Wine was not chilled enough, and food was very disappointing. Shrimp linguine was dreadful - overdone chilli masking an unpleasant taste. Huge home cut chips not touched. Other diners were also complaining about food. Shame. It all felt rather unloved and needing a revamp. Wish we'd gone elsewhere.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Megan B, Public Relations Manager at Balans Earls Court, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Customer,

On behalf of Balans please accept my sincere apologies for your recent negative experience. We always welcome feedback and are always looking to improve. I'm sorry that your comments were not handled properly by your waiter and I hope you won’t be deterred from giving us another try.
UK
“Convenient for Earls Court”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had a bit of time to spare before watching Olympic volleyball at Earls Court, so we walked down the Old Brompton Road for a coffee and found Balans. Location is good, cappuccino was fine and mint tea was enjoyable. Staff were friendly too. We didn't eat, but several were doing so. Looks like a good safe bet. We'd go back if we were in the same situation again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to recommend us. We're very glad that you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again soon.
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Worst meal and service in a week in London”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Arrived at Balans earls court early tonight and had a table by myself ordered a bottle of white wine that was warm but after a long day wasnt worth complaining about starter arrived and was very nice but the offer of fresh pepper which I agreed to never materialised again not worth moaning about but the restaurant which used to have queues was half empty I ordered the main course. chicken with golden potatoes which arrived quickly (a bit too quickly) but after eating one of the potatoes I noticed they had a funny taste cutting open the others they were rotten and green right through I spoke to the waiter who said "they don't look right at all" I'll speak to the chef however my replacement meal arrived in 2 minutes much too quick to be re prepared and the potatoes again were rock hard and didn't taste right they were like leftovers from a Sunday roast that had been microwaved , I didn't eat them and the same waiter took away the plate without even a word but brought the bill with a 12.5% surcharge forserving me warm wine and bad food , I paid the bill including the meal I couldn't eat but minused the service charge again he never said a word

Avoid Balans earls court like the plague it was the most expensive and worse food of my week in London

Dear Customer,

On behalf of Balans I am deeply apologetic that you had such a negative experience. We always welcome feedback whether it be good or bad. Your comments have been reviewed and we will take action accordingly.