“Excellent pub grub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had just finished an exhausting day exploring London and needed to find a place to eat before catching my train. My last sightseeing stop was Tower Bridge, so while wandering in the direction of the Tube station, I came across the Liberty Bounds. As soon as I walked through the door I knew it had to be good - it was packed. I managed to find a small table upstairs, ordered my food/drink at the bar and sat down. The service was prompt, the food was delicious and the ambiance was great. I'd recommend this place to any hungry traveler.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We have visited this pub on many an occasion over the years. There is always a good vibe about it. Although it is a chain pub, it always delivers well above it's grade. The service and quality of the food etc are extremely good and excellent value for money. On this visit we were lucky to be able to just stand outside and see the "Tour of Britain" cycle race pass by the front door. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We went here with friends, who were visiting from New Zealand, on Bank Holiday Monday two of the party had the salmon, I had the cod and chips and my husband had steak for the 4 of us, complete with a bottle of wine, the food bill came to about £46. The cod and chips were amongst the best I have ever had and was told the salmon was yummy and my husband said the steak was beautiful. Considering it is in London it's superb value for money and up until about 8pm allows children to eat in there, useful to know if you have grandchildren with you, my only complaint is the fact I had a coffee latte after my meal and although I thought it didn't taste quite as it should it wasn't until I had almost finished it that I realised that it was only hot milk but it in no way spoiled the meal we had there. I would, and have, recommend it to anybody. A great meal in good surroundings and brilliant service.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Spotted this place when I came out of the Underground. I was impressed with the service and the food was excellent. The price was also much lower than I had expected.
The only problem I found was the men's toilets. The smell is disgusting and made me wonder what the rest of the place was like.
I do find that several older pub buildings in the UK have 'smell' problems. I suspect this is the result of the very unhygienic urinals they use which means that floors are often 'sprayed'. Unlike they US, they also do not flush after each use, although I do realize that this might be to do with water conservation. But in my view, a chain like J D Wetherspoon should make a better effort to cure the problem, especially in a prime tourist location like this one.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had an excellent breakfast here - tasty, hot and very good value. 4 breakfasts for just over £20, including drinks. Pleasant building and helpful staff. Recommended.

The day before we paid over twice as much for poor quality food at a branch of Garfunkels.