“Stable quality”

Ranked #1,586 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: This is where it all began for us. Our first London Thai restaurant, just a stone’s throw from bustling Brick Lane and Spitalfields Market. Rosa’s Spitalfields has an intimate, laid-back atmosphere, and is where we began serving our signature dishes to a London crowd hungry for fresh Thai food with a modern twist.
“Stable quality”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've visited Rosa's Spitalfields on a few occasions, three times in total, and all three times have been pretty good. I really like the atmosphere in the restaurant - it's small, intimate and cosy. The waiter's I've had on different occasions have been friendly and helpful, however sometimes a little stressed and eager to get the table back particularly on a Friday or Saturday evening. Understandable, but please let me finish my Chang. I really like the food here, it smells nice, tastes nice and I have been pleased with all the things I've ever ordered here (thai fishcakes, thai green curry, grilled rib-eye beef (YUM), the massaman curry (also YUM). Would recommend Rosa's, they don't take reservations for tables under 6 people (if I remember correctly), but I've never waited long for a table even if it has been quite busy. I'm definitely going back as I really like the food, the venue and the sometimes a little stressed-but-friendly waiters and waitresses.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group if friends while in London for weekend. The food was excellent, good value for money and staff were great. Will definitely be visiting again next time in London.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Non Vegetarian - Vegetarian Options”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were appauled when we asked about the vegetarian options on the menu which clearly state they are suitable for vegetarians. They are made with Oyster sauce so not suitable at all. Unless you ask for them without the Oyster sauce and why would you when they clearly state suitable for vegetarians. We had eaten there several times and by chance we happened to ask. They simply did not understand why the items should not be deemed suitable for vegetarians when they are not.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Vegetarian_Review
London, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely light lunch”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Lunch is more of a bargain than dinner, so often extremely busy. Cramped but more comfortable than it looks, this cafe provides sensibly priced, nicely presented and gently spiced Thai one-plate food. Love the fresh starters and the green curry with impeccably cooked garlic brown rice. Interesting ginger and lemon grass drinks are a bit pricey though.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Smells like Thailand!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I say this because when you enter a restaurant and the smell brings you right back to the location of the native cuisine, you know it's right. Although the seating can be a bit cramped here, the food is great. The fish cakes remind me of eating outside on a hot night on Phi Phi Island. They also have Anglicised dishes with salmon which are also really good. Service is usually fairly quick, atmosphere is bustling and fun. Recommended for lunch or dinner.

Visited November 2012
alexjdmoore, Owner at Rosa's Thai Cafe Spitalfields, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Hi B1ackDahlia,

Thank you for a great review :) We are all so glad to hear that our food took you back to that hot night on Phi Phi Island and that you enjoyed a real Rosa's dining experience.

If you would like to be updated with what's going on with Rosa's, London and even Thailand please feel free to like us on our Facebook page facebook.com/rosaslondon.

Hope to see you soon :)