““One of the best pubs in London””
Review of The Cadogan Arms - CLOSED

The Cadogan Arms
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Berlin, Germany
““One of the best pubs in London””
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is what I came here for a quaint English Public House to just sit and watch the locals. I loves the Ales. I do feel the food was excellent and the staff were so friendly and helpful. I love it for it's ambiance friendliness!!! We had a big group and the service was just excellent!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Karen P, Manager at The Cadogan Arms, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Denis

Many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you very soon.

Best wishes

Nadia

London, United Kingdom
“More than just pub food”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Really good Sunday lunch, fillet cod is brilliant, get 50% off with taste card! This is a lovely find in Chelsea, a short walk away from the river. Service is brilliant and great if you're coming from watching a movie in the nearby Cineworld. A tad expensive for wine, nearly 18 pounds for 2 glasses!

Visited September 2013
Cyprus
“Excellent food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was recommended to try this pub and was not disappointed. It's an old-fashioned pub in Kings Road, which does not try to compete as a bar with the trendy bars on Kings Road. But it does compete when it comes to food. I was told that all ingredients are personally sourced by the chefs and this was true. I had an outstanding lobster cooked in garlic butter with chips, salad, bread and butter. I would count this is as the best lobster I have ever eaten. Service was good and attentive. The array of stuffed animal heads on the walls is a bit odd when eating, but overall I was very impressed

• Visited August 2013
“Nice looking pub but huge letdown on the food front.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We picked this pub for a nice early dinner. The service seemed pretty good and our starters and mains arrived at the same time which is always a welcome occurrence. However I was shocked to see my mains arrive with a long spirally wire (it looked like something used to clean pots with) poking two inches out of my ale battered fish. I was honestly surprised it hadn't been spotted before it was sent down from the kitchen. It wasn't busy at all so I can't put that lack of care down to a hectic kitchen - just failure to care enough about how the food is being prepared. I then had to wait what felt like an age for a replacement meal, during that time I had a half hearted 'apology' from what I guess was a senior staff member. The food finally came and it honestly looked like the same piece of fish with the wire extracted and refried to the hide exit point. By then my fired was already on her last mouthfuls and I had half lost my appetite and couldn't enjoy a very average meal.

All in all, it's such a shame that such a well located and thoughtfully decorated pub doesn't deliver on where it really matters. I certainly can't see any reason to rush back there anytime soon.

• Visited August 2013
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Had a late lunch one chicken, one beef and two slow cooked shin. Nice food, friendly staff, does what it says on the tin.

• Visited July 2013
Karen P, Manager at The Cadogan Arms, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear reviewer

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to hear that you had a good time at our venue.

We look forward to seeing you very soon.

The Cadogan Arms team