Ripley's Believe It or Not! - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Curious, Weird, Wonderful, Disturbing, Complex...Closed for the time being.

Reviewed July 15, 2018
glynevans435
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Great for knowledge

Reviewed January 3, 2018
SabrinaReview
via mobile

2,262 results
All reviews shrunken heads visited ripleys tallest man couple of hours interesting things to see few hours piccadilly circus interesting facts great fun tunnel mission torture objects
Reviewed July 15, 2018

Firstly, the Ripley's at Piccadilly has been closed since last year, Believe It or Not! I hadn't realised that they'd closed since we visited, but I've read that they may be seeking to relocate and reopen. This review might be useful if they do return but may also give you an impression of what was there.

So the first thing about Ripley's was that it could be a rollercoaster ride of perceptions and emotions for some visitors. You might even learn a lot about yourself...Are you as tolerant/intolerant as you claim or perceive yourself to be? - Initially Robert Ripley went around the world in search of curiosities and other things that some folk might find believable/unbelievable and that's what's presented before you. The exhibits exist/have existed and how you perceive/feel about them might tell you something about your comfort zones.

The exhibits were quite eclectic from collective sculptures and artwork with questionable materials to examples of human wonders. Elements of it do feel as if you're walking around the Guinness Book of Records. There's also a maze of mirrors which was fun to make your way around, a rotating tunnel and penny arcade machines that speculate about your future!

It was good to walk around and learn about the various exhibits, some having a purpose, some having stories and some made for fun or in the name of nonsense!

1  Thank glynevans435
Reviewed February 4, 2018

I thought its commercial but it's not very smart way to show facts with no boring, great for families

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Seriously. Out. Of. BUSINESS. Anticipating our family Christmas-time visit to London and knowing nothing much is open on Christmas Day, I happened to learn that Ripley's is open. Thinking that might be fun, I pre-purchased 5 adult tickets for myself and the rest of our family. Imagine our disappointment, after spending 24GBP to get there via taxi, to find a note on the door saying that they had permanently closed. That meant another hefty taxi fare back to our hotel (including holiday surcharges, extra person charges for the 5 of us, and tip). A review of my December credit card statement after returning home indicated that they have indeed refunded my purchase, however I received no notification about this via email or any other method, and the credit card detail listed a different company name, TYG Ltd.. If I hadn't been specifically looking for a foreign spending credit I might easily have missed or not realized what that was for. So, while disappointed about the waste of money for taxi trips, they at least honored their refund assurances.

1  Thank JAKnarr
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Received a lot of fun facts about stuffs i didnt know before. It took me about an hour to finish. It is a big place but theres not much to see if compared to believe it or not in genting,malaysia. And was too expensive :(
But i had fun and gained knowledge

1  Thank SabrinaReview
Reviewed December 31, 2017

If you're looking a place to do something different in London, here is the place. It's quite expensive and I didn't think it was worth the money we paid and wouldn't go back or recommend it otherwise.

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Have been to both the Amsterdam and London ripleys. They are both great fun and worth a visit.

So many different interesting things inside feels impossible to start explaining them. So all I will say is go and check it out. It is less than €20/£20 so not too expensive and you can stay in there for hours reading and looking at all the weird and wonderful things from round the world and history.

Defiantly the most fun and interesting museum style attraction I have visited. Not surprised it is so popular. If you haven't been and you're in London or Amsterdam go and check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Has things that will interest all ages and different people.

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

I was bought a fast track ticket online already service in. But is needn't go there today, there have been shop in the place was empty. It was very disappointed it is CLOSED! How I am pay for this already?! We're complaint about paid this already parts why they've gone disappear is it.What a waste of money to charge of this! Is very angry, being paid this for people to visit there... Totally black-out of business and there been put paper notice on it... What ridiculous would be get it do it is. We'll have been better going to a museum place of Sea Life instead. I think definitely not worth it. Pretty hearted gone to waste of money you've done this runs cease of CLOSED!!!☹

2  Thank DELROY J
Reviewed November 13, 2017

I had not really heard of Ripley's before I booked it as part of a woucher deal. Attending mid week there was no queues and the attraction was not busy, unlike many other central London attractions. We spent two hours here and had a great time. The mirror maze and revolving tunnel were my highlights. There is always a lot to do on a London trip but I would highly recommend a visit here.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Full of interesting oddments. A good way to spend a couple of hours when visiting London. Spread over 4 floors, you start from the top and follow a route down past the exhibits. Very interesting.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Was an interesting place, lots of things to see and read. Best bit was the mirror maze and the black hole. Made it worth the trip. Wouldn't say it was worth a full price ticket though, very expensive for what you get. We used a two for one voucher as we travelled by train. Otherwise go after 5pm when its only £16.99.