Tripadvisor

Thu, 2/20
8:00 PM
Ranked #1,920 of 28,724 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: After our hugely successful stint in Soho we have reopened at our new home in Bermondsey Bar and Kitchen on Bermondsey Street, just south of the river and only a 5 minute walk from London Bridge station. We offer breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. We still specialise in British inspired small plates and only use organic, locally grown, sustainable produce from within these shores.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a lively restaurant and bar. The place caters for those who want a full meal, just a snack or a great bar to meet friends. There's a huge outdoor seating area (covered against the weather) which was humming on a Friday night. Inside the decor is clean and modern with large seating area for both food and bar. The food was excellent, simple English food with a modern twist. The smoked salmon was one of the best I have ever eaten, easily Michelin standard. The Bream was also worthy of mentioning. Staff were very attentive food arrived quickly. All in all, a great experience. We enjoyed it so much that we went back for breakfast the next morning!! We will definitely be visiting again.

Date of visit: January 2020
chirpy_lisa, Marketing at Donnelly's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Chris, thanks for taking the time to write us such a lovely review. We hope you come and see us again soon. Our menus change regularly and with the seasons.

Write a reviewReviews (77)

Reviewed November 25, 2019

Another trip to London, another visit to Donnelly's, and I left full and happy with yet another evening of delicious food. The bar area was bustling when we arrived but the waiting staff were attentive and explained everything about the seasonal and always inventive menu.

Highlights were the hake, and the indulgent potato cake, and the well-catered-for vegetarians raved about the crumbed and fried brie. I think they ordered several of them and by the time I realised they'd snaffled it all.

Was in a large group so we were able to guilt-free order all of the puddings, with each being delicious and light enough to not leave one feeling bloated. The maple tart was my personal favourite; perfect pastry, deliciously sweet filling and a nice dollop of cream to go with it. The chocolate mousse was also fabulous.

Hope I've got time to get there on my next visit but, if not, I'm sure Chef Donnelly will be making delicious food for a long time yet.

1  Thank Reuben127
chirpy_lisa, Web at Donnelly's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2019

Hi there Reuben, thanks once again for taking the time out to leave such a lovely review. We love it when our customers come and see us again and hope you get a chance to head down to London Bridge and visit again soon. We have our Christmas menu on at the moment but will be changing the menu in January. Thanks again x

Reviewed November 22, 2019

Absolutely amazing menu. We had the smaller plates to share, the bream, chicken and fried brie being our favourites. Really nice atmosphere at the Bermondsey Bar & Kitchen and excellent service with really friendly staff.
Would highly recommend Donnelly's, very delicious dishes and all fresh produce.
We will be back soon!

Date of visit: November 2019
chirpy_lisa, Web editor at Donnelly's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2019

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time out to leave us such a lovely review! Glad you tried a lot of the dishes. The brie is my personal favourite! We have our Christmas menu on as well at the moment as well as our Autumn menu but we'll be changing it again in January so we hope you can pop by and visit again soon. Lisa x

Reviewed November 20, 2019

I came here for a Saturday night dinner with a large group of friends and it was the perfect venue. The atmosphere was buzzing without being overwhelming, and the service was attentive without being invasive.
The food was delicious, I ordered the baguette steak which was perfectly cooked, but had much food envy over my friend’s pork chop. My vegetarian friends were equally well provided for, with an impressive number of options. The potato cake has become the thing of legend. By dessert we became struck by indecision and so simply ordered everything. I absolutely stand by this course of action; every dessert was delectable. My only regret is that it wasn’t possible to apply this same approach to the main menu.
Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: November 2019

Thanks for taking the time out to write such a lovely review Kate! We're so glad you and your friends had a lovely time and these kind words mean a lot to us. It's great to hear you'll come back and see us soon. Lisa x

Reviewed October 23, 2019

I’m in town looking at places to live and walked past the front end on Snowsfield Road. Being on your own can sometimes be a scary experience but the staff were AMAZING! Polite, attentive but not in your face. Able to discuss the menu and offer wines to match. I had the coriander soup completely delectable. I followed this with the Sicilian caponata, roast heritage tomato, baby spinach, thyme croutons .. again this was suggested by a waiter. Flavours delicate and spot on, very satisfying. I definitely will take my partner there.

Date of visit: October 2019
chirpy_lisa, Public Relations Manager at Donnelly's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

Thanks Maria! What a lovely review. We hope to see you again soon!