“Pre theatre meal”

Tue, 7/23
8:00 PM
Ranked #856 of 28,204 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: A little Italian kitchen in the heart of London's Leicester Square offering a fantastic array of Italian and Sicilian favourites. Sicilian owned and managed, Vespa is a real family affair. With fabulous food, fine wines, crazy cocktails and an amazing staff. Come and join us for some of the best food and drink Italy has to offer.
Reviewed June 11, 2019

Visiting for a meal whilst exploring London - their menu looks fantastic and the restaurant owner came out and offered us the pre theatre menu - two courses for £14 - BARGAIN
The food was exquisite, and beautifully presented! the staff were so helpful and friendly, even though they all spoke Italian their English was superb.
Would definitely recommend - such a fantastic experience

1  Thank rachelfI4743MU

Reviewed June 9, 2019

I was on a short theatre break and was looking for somewhere interesting to eat and not too busy as I only had a spare hour before visiting Les Miserables nearby.

This place was perfect, near the bustle of Leicester Square but with a relaxing ambience inside manned by staff employed by a family.

I ordered tomato bruschetta to start which nice and garlicy but soft and pale which is just how I like it. For main, I ordered tuna & tomato pizza with oregano which was delicious.

Including a soft drink and service, the bill was £25, reasonable for the area.

Reviewed June 9, 2019

We ate dinner here and the food was great but the service was stupendous. We actually had reservations but the host of the restaurant was on the street inviting us in immediately. We sat outside and it was so delightful. The restaurant quickly filled up but that did not diminish the attentiveness of our servers.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

We were just looking for a simple lunch but wondered into a family meal. What a great restaurant, what fantastic service and an absolutely incredible experience. The restaurant is actually owned and operated by an Italian and he employs family so it feels like you are dining with family. Do yourself a favor and stop by you won't regret it.

1  Thank dennisj861
Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

Visited Vespa last night as a pre-theatre visit. My wife had pre-booked a table.
Warm greeting by the hosts, very friendly and welcoming.
I had the ravioli in walnut sauce, which was delicious. My wife had the pasta salmon which was also really good. My son's pizza was one of the best he said ( and he should know as he 13 he has a black belt in pizza eating).
After talking to the host, we had to have Sicilian cannoli. This took me back to Taormina and the food we had there.
A perfect start to a great evening in London.
Grazie.