“good size portions but not alot of choices”
Review of Cafe East

Cafe East
Ranked #2,926 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern, canteen style restaurant specialising in authentic Vietnamese home cooking.
Bromley, United Kingdom
“good size portions but not alot of choices”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have been a few times and the food seems to be consistent. Some dishes taste better than others for instant the beef pho is a bit tough the meat but the stock has layers of flavours like it should be. The rice steamed rolls are very nice with lots of pork inside and garnished on top with fried onions. Good size portons but not alot of choices on the menu.

• Visited April 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“You like Pho? Then go to Cafe East!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. Our evening after-badminton event will not be complete without dining in this restaurant. At 9:30 pm, the place still has a long queue considering that its closing time is an hour later.

It is always full of oriental people which is a very good sign that the restaurant serves authentic Vietnamese food.

The ban coun as starters is always on our list. However, as loyal customers, noted that the size has become smaller since we started eating in this place three years ago. The phos are always the highlight of our dining experience. These are massive soup portions with a mound of rice noodles and decent servings of beef, chicken, prawns or combination. Go for the spicy soup, you will love it!

If you like authentic Vietnamese food, you cannot go wrong with this restaurant. One note - they don't serve tap water.

“Another brilliant experience”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was my second visit to this Vietnamese restaurant and the experience was just as good. It was yet again full of Vietnamese people which is always a good sign when you want authentic food. The service was rapid but that suited me.

The starters are rather big, so we shared one, which was fresh with a great peanut sauce. The soup mains are massive portions with a mound of rice noodles however a decent amount of meat. Overall it was an authentic meal, so authentic I even attempted to use my chopsticks. I didn't succeed but it was worth a try. I would recommend it to anyone who likes classic oriental food, you will love it.

2 Thank FoodyKid
Chichester
“Simple yet exotic..the best of oriental food!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Better food than I was served in many of the restaurants I visited in Vietnam. We arrived at 5.30 on Valentine's day with no reservation and were seated by very courteous staff within minutes at one of the good sized tables. It's a very clean, straight forward restaurant, as is the menu. We started with Spring rolls (quite a few to choose from so we ordered 2 dishes and swapped). The plate of fresh herbs and greens confused me at first...very interesting...but ideal to wrap the rolls in and to add to the soups which we had for the main course. I was concerned that my soup would be too spicey but they offerred to make it medium spicey. Chop sticks and 'porcelain' spoons only but makes eating more interesting. Ok.....they won't serve tap water and there is no alcohol but the drinks list is interesting....I had aloe vera juice. Also it's cash only (very reasonable prices). They are closed Tuesdays. Not having had lunch, we were hungry on arrival but we left having eaten just two, healthy courses feeling full. It was packed by the time we left....we were the only non-orental couple there....I hope to return!!

London, United Kingdom
“healthy and tasty fast food!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I love this place. If you can avoid the queue (go early or late on weekends), carry cash and don't intend to order tap water this place is awesome. Love their food, price (fairly) slowly but surely is creeping up - still very reasonable though. Go for the quality, fresh vietnamese food. Service is actually pretty good - polite and effective. This place won't be known for ambience, but you don't expect a romantic meal coming to this place!