“Good food "on the go"” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Betjeman Arms
Ranked #2,556 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
London, United Kingdom
“Good food "on the go"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I went for Sunday lunch with my family and the food was amazing! We all had a starter, which we all agreed was just the right amount and full of the right flavours, and we all had the Roast Spring Chicken for the main course. It was wonderful. The only thing I would say about the main is that the dish could have come with a little more gravy - or at least a jug on the side. When it came to dessert time, we all fancied something sweet but the menu didn't offer anything light enough so we ordered coffee. I'm sorry to say that the cappucino I ordered was luke warm and more of a caffe latte but the quality of the coffee was exquisite.

The staff could not have been friendlier. Despite it being a busy lunchtime they were attentive and aware of what we needed and when. There was one staff member who was obviously new and didn't seem to understand us so maybe he could have been trained in the menu a little better.

Otherwise it was a lovely experience! I'd definitely go back again

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Sunny Terrace”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Met friends here for drinks and decided to have lunch.

My coronation chicken sandwich was like a doorstep. I liked the wholemeal bread, although a companion thought it dry, there was a lot of filling however the filling didn't really have much flavour. Coronation chicken, in my experience, should have an overall tast of curry and this didn't. Great fat chips to make up for it thought.

Everyone else enjoyed their meals, I've never heard anyone being asked before how they would like their burger cooked, but the waitress forgot my drink and I didn't like the fact that we opened a tab and the restaurant kept hold of the credit card until it was time to pay. Not entirely sure they are allowed to do this anymore but I could be wrong.

If I was passing through St. Pancras again I would probably go back and if food was an option I'd go for the burger.

“How odd. ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for Sunday breakfast before catching our train. Disorganised, the staff seem to do a lot of standing about, filling in forms rather than serving.

London, United Kingdom
“Good spot but busy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This pub is on the top floor of the refurbished St Pancras and has great atmosphere as well as an indoor-outdoor area in the station and outdoor seating as well. It has a good range of drinks and a range of food on offer. There is table service available although the place gets very busy particularly around 5-7pm and you are quicker going to the bar for drinks. However, it is a lovely pub with good atmosphere and period features. Well worth stopping off at if you need a drink at the station.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
East Anglia
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had a nice breakfast - husband had full English; I had scrambled eggs and salmon. Both meals were very nice indeed, well cooked and hot. £19 for 2 people, including 1 coffee and 1 orange juice! A little bit expensive, but perhaps about right given the location.

Visited March 2014