“Do they know they're in Mayfair?”
Review of Suze in Mayfair - CLOSED

Suze in Mayfair
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped off for a few bites and a bottle of wine on a Friday evening and were spoilt for choice. The staff were super-friendly, the food delicious and this place has one of the best, most reasonably-priced lists of interesting NZ wines that you'll find anywhere. A welcome change from the £18 glasses of wine and £15 tapas we found elsewhere in Mayfair.

We loved Suze and would definitely be regulars here if we lived in London.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food is straight forward and tasty and the wines are good. Service is friendly and efficient. Kitchen can accommodate food allergies and intolerances. No better place for lunch, dinner or a glass of wine just off Oxford Street. Have the fish of the day. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I guess you could easily just make a reservation, eat dinner and then go home and you probably will have had an excellent evening of good food and wine in a slightly informal atmosphere.
But that's not what Suze is about. It could be a bar where you have a glass of wine and some 'tasters'. It could be the place where you have a light meal after shopping. It could be the place where you meet a few friends and drinkable nd eat as you go along.
Suze is informal, friendly with attentive service. Tom, the patron, is always around ready for a chat if you want. And if he is not there then Suze herself will be around.

I go regularly and felt that I needed to tell my TripAdviser friends. There are no fancy uniforms (although Tom's shirts need explaining sometimes) but for reasonably priced intelligent cooking, Suze is the best.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Really delightful restaurant - just off Oxford Street, but somehow it feels thousands of miles away from the bustle of all that shopping.
My wife had Red Mullet and I had New Zealand lamb. She enjoyed hers and mine was absolutely delicious! Cooked perfectly, well done on the outside, but still juicy and moist on the inside. Mine came with sweet potatoes and was exactly what I needed on a cold winter's night. All washed down with a white wine that was - naturally - from New Zealand.
I heartily recommend this friendly little place.

1  Thank oranjezicht1
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We came across this little restaurant as we were strolling back to our hotel one evening. We were surprised to see that it was quite empty for a Saturday evening, never the less we were shown to our table and tried not to worry too much as I was starving. I had the rib eye steak medium rare, and it was lovely...home made ice-cream for pudding which was delicious. The staff were very nice, and were chatting away to each other by the bar, which I dont have a problem with at all, they were very attentive to all of the other customers in the restaurant, which is the main thing. Lovely atmosphere could sit with my glass of white wine eat and relax after a hard day rushing around. would happily visit again.