“Noisy venue maybe better for a bar pre-dinner drinks”

Piccolino - Exchange Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino - Exchange Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,512 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City of London
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The whole front section was full of drinkers, and it was a bit awkward walking though to the restaurant.
The service was very good, and the food average. Not particularly impressed with red wines by the glass. But there was a constant noise and shouting from the drinking area.

Good setting in exchange square, close to Liverpool Street station

There are newer reviews for Piccolino - Exchange Square

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I like visiting this restaurant. It's in an area of new offices (Broadgate) but only five minutes from Liverpool Street station so not nearly as remote as it looks on the map. The staff are charming and normally very efficient (yesterday there were occasions on which they clearly were not talking to one another). The food is good although I haven't eaten much of it personally as I love the spaghetti carbonara (I have watched dining companions eat other dishes however). There is a new fixed-price lunch menu which seems very good value.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

a nice place to go for an after-work dinner, good food, though not particularly impressed with red wines by the glass.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went to Piccolino for pre-dinner drinks on Valentine's Day. Service was excellent and they have a good selection of drinks. It's a bit quieter than some of the more livelier places in the area, the up-side of this being that we were able to get a table. Overall I would rate the venue as very good and recommend it to someone looking for a quiet place to have a few drinks in the evening.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Oh Piccolino - what's happened to you? Working locally my colleagues and I have often visited Piccolino with clients and as a general rule whilst it may be a little overpriced service and food quality have generally been favourable - so much so that we recommend it internally for business lunches.... Unfortunately my last visit left me pretty cross and very embarrassed; having arrived for our 12:00 table some of our party had already arrived and been served water, yet we waited almost 10 minutes after being seated to be asked for our drinks order. As it was a business lunch with important clients and international guests we were keen to order while the restaurant was still virtually empty (maybe 2 or 3 other tables were seated), having done so we then waited almost 45 minutes for our meal whilst we watched other tables that had since filled up around us being served their meal. Now this in itself was disappointing, but having simply ordered 4 simple pasta dishes & 2 cod mains we couldn't understand what the delay was and had to ask our waiter where the food was. It arrived a few moments later except both of the fish dishes were incorrect! I attempted to discreetly inform the waiter to avoid drawing unnecessary fuss & attention pointing out i'd ordered the cod & broccoli dish only for him to look at me blankly and go back and check the menu resulting that in him informing us that instead of the cod dish we'd been served with swordfish due to 'an error with the numbers...'???! To his credit he was suitably apologetic and advised that the replacement dish would be just a few minutes. Given that all other guests had been presented with their meals and were eating I then spent the next 20 minutes waiting without so much as an offer of a drink - my glass was empty and had been whisked away along with my water glass! When the dish finally arrived accompanied by an extra bowl of broccoli it was fine, but needless to say it led to an embarrassing situation as all guests tried to eat as slowly as possible without their dishes being stone cold. So at the end of the meal to be loftily told 'oh we won't charge you for your broccoli or soft drink' was absolutely zero consolation. For a restaurant that prides itself on quality and service (and charges accordingly) the experience was overwhelmingly disappointing and I certainly won't be recommending it again for a business lunch.

3  Thank Ally-7