“Good Food slightly pricey” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Massis Lebanese Grill & Bar

Massis Lebanese Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Massis Lebanese Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,084 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bishop's Bridge Road
Transit: Bus stop: Eastbourne Terrace,(Walk up Bishop's Bridge Road and find the main entrance of the Paddington Central Estate) Tube - Great Western Railway - Heathrow Express: Paddington Station(Go to the end of platform 8, take the exit on the right and walk along the footpath, following the signs for Sheldon Square)
London, United Kingdom
“Good Food slightly pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have a Gourmet Society card and I was looking for somewhere close to Paddington and this restaurant came up. I was in a bit of a rush so just booked a table and didn't read any reviews.

The place its self is very nice and we was greeted quite warmly and shown to our table. I was out with a friend who I hadn't seen in a while and was deep in conversation so the staff were reluctant to come over and take our order. It took for me to ask them to come over. I didn't actually mind this as there is nothing worse than being interrupted mid-conversation.

The food came out swiftly and was very tasty. There was also a lot of it as well, which I liked. My only gripe was the price. We ordered 2 starters, 2 beers and 2 mains and the bill would have come to nearly £70 if I didn't have my Gourmet Society card (which entitled me to a free main meal)

Overall I would come back here again, but probably for a special occasion and not just a mid week dinner with a friend.

• Visited September 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Good food, service mediocre at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went for a business lunch and opted for the mezze selections. The food was good, however, the service was mediocre at best. Staff seemed disinterested and looked as if they'd rather be somewhere else. We had to call the waitress to take our order, which again was done in a disinterested manner.

The restaurant decor is great, set in Sheldon Square, but theres too much choice in London to settle for so-so service.

Probably try somewhere else next time.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kent, United Kingdom
“Wonderful atmosphere and great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We visited this restaurant by chance one lunchtime when we were meeting friends from Norway. The atmosphere was great and the table we had overlooking the square was just right - inside but outside. We selected the gourmet selection and the food just kept coming and it was wonderfully flavoured without being overpowering. My Norwegian friends had never eaten Lebanese before and they really enjoyed it - as did we!! I would recommend this place and suggest it would be great to meet for a party or a group. Food superb and the atmosphere relaxed and friendly - although it was helped by sunshine and blue skies (just like being on holiday).

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Unfair deal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I booked the table for two after finding out that they have 30% discount deal for foods through toptable. It became clear that the discount only applied to the Toptable selected menu which cost 28 GBP per head. We originally ordered dishes from a la carte but they brought the menu dishes instead. We agreed to upgrade our dish but later we regretted. The waiters were always in rush without paying attention to small tables and even if they did, they forgot to bring what was ordered.

Settling the bill was another story. They forgot to deduct 30% from the bill and a waiter showed his dissatisfaction by being pointed out. We were not content with the service and their manner so no tip was left consequently.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Normadroaming
Stavanger, Norway
“Excellent Lebanese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Massis is serving excellent Lebanese food. I had the grill selection with lamb, shish and kafta. Wine list with some good Lebanese wines (drink Lebanese with Lebanese food). You can have a Bekaa Valley red by the glass. Good and attentive service.

Visited June 2012