“Very disappointing - sort it out Marco!!!!”

London Steakhouse Co - City
Ranked #431 of 22,675 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: The London Steakhouse Company is a traditional steakhouse in the heart of the Square Mile, serving a mouth-watering choice of steak cuts and a range of timeless English dishes. Its discreet entrance, just off bustling Bishopsgate, leads you into an archetypal steakhouse dining room, complete with a stylish cocktail bar. As well as the finest quality steaks, the menu features grilled and roast meats, fish mainboards and classic English puddings. The London Steakhouse Company is popular during the week with the City for client entertaining and boasts a private dining room that seats up to 30 guests. At the weekend, local residents and discerning steak lovers enjoy great food at this hip location just off Spitalfields.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing - sort it out Marco!!!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We went to the steakhouse thanks to Christmas present vouchers. The food was average and service OK. Portions were minimalistic. The place was quite buzzy and as an experience the meal was Ok but there are definitely better value and better quality places to eat in London. We will not be going back to the steakhouse. Marco has his name on this restaurant so if he really is involved, is really as good as they say and is not just taking the money then Marco get your backside down there and sort it out!!

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Stretton-On-Dunsmore, United Kingdom
“Steak and JAK”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

A stones throw from Liverpool street station makes this pretty convenient. I ate very early 5:30 on a Friday and the restaurant opened smack on time. Inside I was met by that dreadful thump thump so called music so I really thought to walk out but fortunately after a while more acceptable mainstream stuff was evident and blended in well. If i want this sort of music I'll visit one of those faceless trendy bars where overpaid builders and bankers drink cheap fizzy larger out of bottles.
Good Fillet steak, infact excellent and a very nice kipper pate for starter. Blue cheese dressing felt it had NOT come out of a tin. I was another that went on the Virgin experience package and had the set £23,50 meal. Extras ran to £75 for 2 (the fillet was a £6 supplement) and included a good bottle of Valpolicella at £34 which was quite pricey but entirely expected.
The walls are covered in old JAK cartoons , which I would have loved to have a closer look at but would disturb other diners. Fortunately some are in public areas.

Yes I would go back.

London
“Disappointing and expensive”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had a voucher but wanted to use it on a Friday so argot some money off the bill. The place isn't that special, food mediocre and expensive for what you get. Far better places to go a short walk away. So very disappointing.

Flitwick, United Kingdom
“better than expected”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Went today for virgin experience restuarant and visit to shard. From previous reviews I had not been expecting much but I was surprised. We were welcomed by smiles when we arrived and shown to our seats by a friendly waiter. We were given the menu which was basic and as others have said didn't include champagne cocktail. I told the waiter my meal included the cocktail and he went and got them no problem. You do have to insist though. Rest of meal was nice, onion soup was a little salty but lovely and hot and my husband's pate very good. I found the place friendly and our waiter attentive. We had fish and chips so didn't need to order sides. I hadn't intended to pay the service charge if like other reviews our meal hadn't been good, but I was happy to pay it . When we left again staff were friendly and wished us a good day. I probably wouldn't return as I think it was expensive, however we had a lovely meal ending with a fantastic view from the chard.

2 Thank kathyg163
MPWReservationist, Guest Relations Manager at London Steakhouse Co - City, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Kathyg163,

Thank you very much for your review.
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

.As you had such a good time, we hope you will dine with us again and next time enjoy a glass of Champagne as our guest. Contact us direct via customersupport@londonsteakhousecompany.com to make a reservation and mention this response.

Yours sincerely
London, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant indeed.”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

A group of 4 of us ate here after a visit to The Shard (Virgin Voucher Experience). We were not expecting it to be that great after reading other reviews beforehand but were very pleasantly surprised. We arrived on time, table was ready, all the staff were very helpful and attentive. 3 of us had the French Onion soup and the other the Kipper Pate to start. Both dishes were delicious and enjoyed by us all. For main there was a fish, chip and mushy peas option which my husband had (no side dishes necessary), he said it was perfect. Two of us had the house steak (no upgrade fee) and the other the fish pie. We did have to pay extra for chips and salad but this was clearly stated on the menu. We all enjoyed our meals a great deal. I ordered my steak med/rare and that was exactly how it came, likewise with the other steak. Fish pie was huge and delicious. Desserts were homemade and were outstanding. 3 of us had the Bakewell tart which came with some gorgeous ice cream. My husband had the sticky toffee pudding and it was by far the best one he had ever tasted. On top of the voucher price we had to pay an extra £16 per head. Considering we had a bottle of wine and also sparkling water and this amount also included the 12 1/2 % service charge we thought it was very good value. I would have liked to have seen a little more choice on the cocktails available with the set meal (maybe even a non alcoholic cocktail) but all in all it was superb.

Dear Honest- reviewer 68

We are so pleased you enjoyed yourselves when you were at London Steakhouse. always like to know “when things go right”.
I am grateful to you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope you will dine with us again and next time enjoy a glass of Champagne as our guest. Contact us direct via customersupport@londonsteakhousecompany.com to make a reservation and mention this response.

Regards

Been to London Steakhouse Co - City? Share your experiences!