“pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Henry's is an iconic cafe bar on Piccadilly (adjacent to Green Park Tube Station) that's been pouring great tasting drinks and food to dine for since 2000. Open from breakfast till late, our bar and table-service provides the perfect place for friends, groups, work colleagues and tourists to enjoy a good range of both British and international drinks; with breakfast, lunch, grazing platters and dinner options to enjoy. We've pavement cafe tables outside, along with areas which can be pre-booked for social events and corporate gatherings. See you soon we hope. Henry. x
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I popped in for a glass of wine and an early supper after visiting the Manet exhibition at the Royal Academy with my Mom. We were pleasantly surprised at many levels: staff were attentive and we soon had our drinks then food; the menu was extensive and whilst not complex both our dishes were very fresh (Thai green curry and Caesar salad); there was free wifi; we were left in peace to catch up without incessant badgering and it was pretty spacious. Whilst it is what it is, it could have been much less enjoyable. Thanks guys!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We happened across Henry's after being turned away from the Hard Rock Cafe due to a 1½ hour waiting time.

Staff were friendly and efficient and showed us to a table immediately.

Our order was taken promptly and we didn't have to wait long for our drinks or food.

Quite a varied menu although we all three plumped for the burgers which were absolutely delicious.

Good value for money for London.

Would definitely return.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My father and I enjoyed lunch here today before we made the short walk to the Royal Academy. The service was warm and friendly although it took a little while to get noticed. We weren't sure if we were meant to seat ourselves (which we did) or wait to be shown to a table.

I had a lovely meal from the house specials section which was blackened chicken, new potatoes, topped with tomato, avocado, red chilli and coriander. Dad really enjoyed his meal from the same section which was salmon wrapped in parma ham with crushed new potatoes and something like watercress or spinach. The bill for these two meals and two drinks (one alcoholic) was £30. Excellent value for London.

The only negative point I experienced was the toilets. The smell hit me as I descended the stairs towards them. Inside it didn't appear bad so perhaps the men's was the problem. I usually judge a venue's hygiene by the toilets but these two aspects seem to mismatch as the cutlery, glasses, table, plates were perfectly clean and we really enjoyed our meals.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We decided to eat here with our two young children today and it was terrible on every level. The service was appalling, the food awful and the toilets filthy. Staff were stood around chatting, not paying attention to customers or doing jobs that clearly needed doing. Our waitress was also very rude. My husband went to the toilet after we had eaten and said had he seen it before, there is no way we would have eaten in there! The interior is dated. Standards have definitely slipped. We used to visit Henry's quite regularly and always found it to be of a good standard, always busy with a great atmosphere. Today was a huge disappointment and it's very sad to see how far downhill this place has gone. We will not be going back.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Two of us had a lunchtime meal on Easter Saturday. Club sandwich was ok, no big deal. Asparagus ravioli was very nice. Surprisingly not as busy as I had expected so I was disappointed with the very slow service. It was made worse by not having any apology.

There is a good selection of meals and I would recommend despite not being as good as previous occasions. I think it is possible to get a discount voucher but you need to register with Henry’s. Will be more organised next time.