“Very Good”

Henry's Cafe Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Henry's is a vibrant cafe bar, set across two floors in the heart of Covent Garden. With an extensive food menu, focusing mainly on classic British Cuisine and an wide range of cocktails, wines and draft beers, Henry's has something to suite every palate. The atmosphere is very relaxed during the daytimes, making it ideal for lazy breakfasts and business meetings and the mood shifts as the sun goes down and there's buzzy atmosphere perfect for all types of parties. Live DJ's play on Friday and Saturday nights.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went there for supper and I really enjoyed the salmon on the cedar plank with vegetables. Excellent quality of food and service. The only downside - it was very, very noisy even though we were not close to the bar.

Kate C, Guest Relations Manager at Henry's Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Hi Mimi,

Thank you for reviewing us. I'm so pleased you enoyed your meal and that the service was spot on. If you liked the Salmon on Cedar Plank, you should try our Salmon Niscoise salad next time, you'll love it! We do tend to get pretty busy in the evenings which can get a little noisy, but generally there's always a great atmosphere.

I hope to see you back soon!

Kate

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This place is a real gem in Covent garden & very reasonably priced.Its a large place with lots of seating areas & a lovely bar.The menu for the food was very good & had a good choice I went for one of the gourmet burgers & it was BIG !! So my advice is you need a good appetite if you choose one.The burger also came with fries & I really struggled to finish it but it tasted amazing & was I think one of the best burgers i've ever tasted.The place had a lovely atmosphere & the waiter who served us was really friendly & smiling all the time.I was very surprised at the prices considering we was in London & in Covent garden which I found many places to eat very overpriced but that's London for you.I also noticed a sign in the toilets to say you can hire a VIP area free of charge for parties,etc.The toilets were very spacious & clean which is always good.Thoroughly enjoyed our meal & wished we could have stayed a bit longer but we had to catch a train home.

Kate C, Guest Relations Manager at Henry's Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for the lovely review. We pride ourselves on our service, so I'm very pleased to hear you were impressed with both the staff and the value for money. Don't forget to visit our website to book a table (free of charge!) for your next visit to London.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Henry's soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch, and the food didn't disappoint any of our party - and we all had different choices.

Returned in the evening to enjoy cocktails, music and dancing - buzzing!

If you haven't been, go - you'll have a great time!

Hi James,

Thanks for your review, I'm very pleased to hear you had a lovely visit with your family. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit - don't forget to bring your Privilege card :-)

Kate

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I met my Mum, her friend and my brother and his girlfriend for a late lunch at Henry's.

Very similar to Brown's in style though feels a little more spacious.

Food was good quality (I had blackened chicken with avacado and salsa) - it was a good sized portion with plenty of sauteed potatoes.

I discovered on the website that there was a 20% discount with a "Henry's Privilege Card" so naturally I asked to sign up. At first I was told that I needed to do so in advance but, having spoken to the manager, they kindly agreed to issue one there and then. With the discount the main courses represented excellent value, especially given that the restaurant is in Covent Garden.

I'll certainly go back in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Came here for quick lunch passing by. Service.... No smile, no greeting from bar staff. I ordered coffee, it was great. Then i ordered salad for lunch, hot and spicy prawn salad, 6 small prawns, extreme amount of coriander, thinly diced chilli and salad leaves all without any dressing. Well nothing like menu describes. I tried to spot some member of staff but time has run out for me and i had to leave. Best part i would say was coffee and i might return for it. Not sure about food.

Kate C, Guest Relations Manager at Henry's Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Hi Rita,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I’m really sorry to hear that your visit fell short of our usual high standards. I would be interested to know which day and roughly what time you visited so I can address these issues with the members of staff who were on duty. Please get in touch with me on my contact details below. I hope that your next visit to Henry’s is more enjoyable.

Kate Coppinger