“Good value meal (great value for Covent Garden)”
Review of Henry's Cafe Bar - CLOSED

Henry's Cafe Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Henry's is a vibrant cafe bar, set across two floors in the heart of Covent Garden. With an extensive food menu, focusing mainly on classic British Cuisine and an wide range of cocktails, wines and draft beers, Henry's has something to suite every palate. The atmosphere is very relaxed during the daytimes, making it ideal for lazy breakfasts and business meetings and the mood shifts as the sun goes down and there's buzzy atmosphere perfect for all types of parties. Live DJ's play on Friday and Saturday nights.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I met my Mum, her friend and my brother and his girlfriend for a late lunch at Henry's.

Very similar to Brown's in style though feels a little more spacious.

Food was good quality (I had blackened chicken with avacado and salsa) - it was a good sized portion with plenty of sauteed potatoes.

I discovered on the website that there was a 20% discount with a "Henry's Privilege Card" so naturally I asked to sign up. At first I was told that I needed to do so in advance but, having spoken to the manager, they kindly agreed to issue one there and then. With the discount the main courses represented excellent value, especially given that the restaurant is in Covent Garden.

I'll certainly go back in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Came here for quick lunch passing by. Service.... No smile, no greeting from bar staff. I ordered coffee, it was great. Then i ordered salad for lunch, hot and spicy prawn salad, 6 small prawns, extreme amount of coriander, thinly diced chilli and salad leaves all without any dressing. Well nothing like menu describes. I tried to spot some member of staff but time has run out for me and i had to leave. Best part i would say was coffee and i might return for it. Not sure about food.

Kate C, Guest Relations Manager at Henry's Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Hi Rita,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I’m really sorry to hear that your visit fell short of our usual high standards. I would be interested to know which day and roughly what time you visited so I can address these issues with the members of staff who were on duty. Please get in touch with me on my contact details below. I hope that your next visit to Henry’s is more enjoyable.

Kind Regards,

Kate Coppinger
Sales & Events Manager
Henry’s Café Bar – Covent Garden
 020 7379 1871
 075577 40183
 westendevents@tcg-uk.com

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I called in at Henry's last Friday evening. We didn't have a table booked and it was getting close to 9pm, so I thought we wouldn't stand a chance to be honest. . But we were lucky and got seated straight away.
Good choice on the menu, I had a wrap and a couple of sides, my husband a burger and fries. . Good pub food, and all the favourites you would expect. Enjoyed our meal very much, and good prices for London.

Nice atmosphere in the bar area, and all the staff members friendly and professional.
Good location too. Will visit again when we are back in London.

Kate C, Guest Relations Manager at Henry's Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your review. Lovely to hear that you enjoyed your visit and the service and food were up to our usual igh standards.

Please pop in and say "hi" next time you're in London!

Kind Regards,

Kate

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We always visit Henry`s for a meal when we visit London and our experiences have always been good. Friendly staff , great pub grub, reasonable price ( for London ), great location and good beer !
If you`re looking for Michelin stars then this probably ain`t the place for you but that is obvious as soon as you walk into the bar.
However if you enjoy simple pub grub , well cooked and plenty of choice on the menu then give it a go !
It`s often packed, it`s often lively and noisy in the bar but to me that`s how a successful pub should be . it`s hard to find somewhere like this in London and long may they continue to do what they do and do it so well.

1  Thank Tel T
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have eaten and drank here a number of times when I've visited a Covent Garden and have always had a pleasant experience here. The cocktails are great and reasonably priced for London, especially during happy hour (I love the mojitos). I've eaten here too, it's no Michelin starred restaurant but it's good for the price, the menu has plenty of choice and the portions are a good size. Staff are always friendly and accommodating, although length of service time does vary but on the whole I would recommend coming here for an enjoyable pre-theatre meal and drinks or just an afternoon or evening of eating and drinking with friends for a decent price.