“Good Value for Money Cafe Bars”
Review of Henry's Cafe Bar - CLOSED

Henry's Cafe Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Henry's is a vibrant cafe bar, set across two floors in the heart of Covent Garden. With an extensive food menu, focusing mainly on classic British Cuisine and an wide range of cocktails, wines and draft beers, Henry's has something to suite every palate. The atmosphere is very relaxed during the daytimes, making it ideal for lazy breakfasts and business meetings and the mood shifts as the sun goes down and there's buzzy atmosphere perfect for all types of parties. Live DJ's play on Friday and Saturday nights.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Friendly staff with excellent service. Varied menu and excellent value. Quality was also superb. Situated in the heart of Covent Garden

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We didn't realise that this was part of a chain until we saw the identical menu on a riverboat restaurant by the Embankment. Luckily we went here first for a quick bite having been tempted by the menu which looked great.
Our soggy chips were served in a trendy bucket which really should only be used for chips that have been hand made and triple cooked, not previously frozen and then kept warm. My husbands burger was chewy and rubbery, my pulled pork burger was somehow watery and dry in texture at the same time. It was in fact just a few strands of meat piled underneath a mess of red onion mayonnaise and coleslaw. The tomato slice was an insult containing nothing but skin and dry at that. We left after 2 minutes of our food being slopped in front of us. We did actually pay the bill of £33 but I think we were more shocked into it than anything.
When the waitress noticed we were leaving so soon and I told her that the food was awful she wasn't even capable of expressing surprise. I felt so sorry for her that I tipped her a pound and said it wasn't her fault.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Have been here several times can easily share club sandwich for lunch atmosphere and service great would and do recommend it

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I loved it. Large pub/restaurant, good quality food for reasonable price, great open staircase in the centre to lower floor, great vibe, busy but service was efficient and friendly, would definitely go there again.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had eaten snack food here before which was okay, so took the family for lunch between Christmas and new year. The service was appalling - we waited an age for our starters and then 25 minutes between first and second courses, despite asking and reminding several times. When the food did arrive it was cold, dry and very unappetising. We asked for sauces and such and got none! I tried to complain at the time but couldn't get the attention of a member of staff until we managed to get the bill. It wasn't so busy that it could be used as an excuse. We certainly won't be going back!

Kate C, Guest Relations Manager at Henry's Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear ELBCairo,

I'm sorry to hear there was such a wait for your meals on your recent visit. We were far busier than we anticipated we were going to be on Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd January and as a result food service wasn't as speedy as it ought to have been. I can only apologise for this and hope to make it up to you on your next visit.
If you would like to discuss this matter further or have any suggestions on how service could be improved, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly on the details provided below.

Kind Regards,