“Convenient for the theatre and health club”

Del'Aziz - Swiss Cottage
Ranked #16,276 of 22,675 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
York, United Kingdom
“Convenient for the theatre and health club”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and deli based restaurant and food more individual than many restaurants who may differ little between sites. Would return, but prices a bit above average.

“Oh dear”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I ordered a sandwich which to sit in costs £7.25, and to eat out £5.95. Now you'd think that would be it, but I also got charged a £1.50 'service charge'. And the bread was stale. And my pot of mint tea was £4.75.

I think I was mugged.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Richard M
Bramhall
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Family trip to London and planned to start the day with breakfast del'aziz style. Our suspicions should have been first aroused that quality service was not a high priority when it took the waitress 20 mins to take our order. Despite not having many of our first choice menu selections, we nevertheless ordered eagerly.
Some time later we reminded our errant waitress of our existence and subsequently some food and drink was left at our table. Well this waiting time had not been wasted as they had used the time to bring my coffee up to the temperature of molten lava, a feat of rare achievement that my old physics teacher would have been impressed with. Adding milk to this caused the drink to rage out of control over the cup and my hands. As the skin began to blister from the intense heat I went over to the sink behind the service counter to run my hands under the cold tap. A newly discovered fondness for health and safety must have taken hold of the waitress as she advised me I was not allowed to use this sink.
Returning to our table, my daughter said she did not like the freshly squeezed apple juice or apricot jam. The waitress was obviously a keen student of children's psychology as well and she used the "learn the hard way" tactic and took away the juice and advised my 5 year old that she had ordered the jam incorrectly. We explained that we would prefer that our child was fed on this occasion and ordered replacement jam and managed to source some alternative kids apple juice ourselves from the fridge.
I appreciate that for someone with such a flair for hot drink physics, child psychology and occasional health and safety policy, it is difficult to remember seemingly mundane waitress tasks such as smiling, acknowledging customers, offering advice and checking if the customer is satisfied. I therefore wish our future nobel prize winning waitress well in whatever mode of gainful employment she considers suitable. My daughter rather uncharitably suggested she should be a traffic warden. I reminded her that even traffic wardens have to deal with the general public.
Later that morning when our bill was delivered, a service charge was surprisingly included in the bill. I can only assume this was a policy designed to get some tips from the weak willed and profligate of visitor. I asked this to be removed from the bill expecting to have to explain in detail the reasoning behind this. This is obviously a regular occurrence as the manageress simply corrected the bill and asked me to pay.
If you like breakfast to be a challenge, are in no hurry to finish by lunchtime and are so shy you would prefer not to be acknowledged by your waitress, then this is the breakfast location of choice for you.

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank DanBurton
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I follwed a recommendation in a different app expecting that this restaurant was good. A bit dissapointing I must admit. The food was average and they forgot to bring us some of what we ordered

London
“Very child friendly, maybe too much...”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Del Aziz is a chain of Mediterranean restaurants. On the plus side, the food is good and there is a great range of drinks and cakes if you just want a snack. On the negative side, service can be a bit hit and miss and it’s not cheap for what it is.

This branch is always packed with mums, babies and buggies. If this describes you, you’ll find it very welcoming. If you’re looking for a quiet lunch venue without a lot of kids – go somewhere else.

• Visited November 2011