“Superb Food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Camden
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We entered this Restaurant purely by chance and loved it!

The food felt authentically Japanese and was very reasonably priced.

Would love to go back.

1  Thank Glenis T

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I went to this restaurant with my friend last month, The service was slightly bad becaused the place was busy, staff did not serve drinks quickly enough, but food they serving was authentic Japanese dishes which was quite delicious and price was cheaper than other Japanese restaurants. I recommend “Gindara saikyo-yaki”(Marinated Black Cod in miso paste) and “Nasu dengaku” (Deep fried aubergine with sweet soybeans paste), “Gyu teriyaki” (Beef teriyaki).

6  Thank Ali434
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The best sushi I've found in London. The tempura's great too. Try the taru sake. Lovely.

Upstairs is great. Take your shoes off and sit at low tables on tatami mats.

Don't go for decor, go for authentic Japanese food served by some lovely folks. One of our favourite restaurants in London.

5  Thank Draxxmenvone
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The sushi here was one of the best Ive tried in the UK. Cant wait to go back again. The Mackerel (shime saba) was excellent!

4  Thank Greensushi
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The first thing you notice when you enter Sushi Waka is the smell of rancid oil. Very appetizing indeed! The Japanese staff were friendly and ushered me to my seat. I noticed the decor was from the 1970's and I felt I was sitting in an office with grubby carpet and prehistoric chairs and tables. The menu was presented to me, albeit a bit sticky, I decided upon 2 types of sushi, one with prawn, one with avocado. A noisy fish tank with sounds of gushing water encouraged one to use the bathroom. I somehow resisted as I had a funny feeling about it and as a previous Restauranteur one of the judges of a clean kitchen was a clean bathroom. My Sushi arrived and was nicely presented. It tasted okay but I have definitely tasted fresher. I was stared at by a waitress as I opened and closed my mouth. I wasnt sure if this was to make sure I ate it all or so she could grab my plate in record time. After eating, the inevitable happened and I had to head for the bathroom. The walls on the stairway were gross but only a gentle indication of the bathroom that lay ahead. The toilet was a stand over job and the sink.....the sink........hard to imagine so I have posted a pic for your wildest imaginations. There is no excuse for this in this day and age. Julian Clary has a write up in the window and I'm sure it encourages people to dine there. Time for a new review Julian! I will not be returning here ever........Exiting was the best part of the evening.