“Strange anti Irish remark made to me by barman - I will not be back”
Review of Owl & Hitchhiker

Owl & Hitchhiker
Ranked #14,217 of 28,637 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Two of us met in this pub on Saturday afternoon and sat outside. I went inside to buy a bottle of prosecco and asked the price. I was informed that it was £28.50. I expressed surprise at how expensive it was for a pub and the strange reply by the tall bearded barman was "We're not an Irish pub any more" Now, why would a barman make a remark like that to a customer querying the price of a bottle of prosecco? Is this an "English" pub that doesn't want certain people on their premises? I am a middle aged woman and was taken aback by this anti Irish comment. I will not be returning!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our vegan food (MacDaddies, Chickenish Burger, Chickenish Strips... and a big helping of Dirty Fries), some beers, and the interesting and quirky decor. Plus the staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely go there again!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2019

I had a great time, the staff were friendly and service was quick. A very characterful place, with ‘trendy’ clientele.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 28, 2019

Great vegan junk food menu with tons of craft beer options and such a fun space. The staff are always super friendly too. Have been back many times now!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 27, 2019

One of my favourite regulars where you can always guarantee a good time. Food is great, drinks are great, people are great. Do a bunch of events that are always a good shout, especially the drag brunch which is a proper laugh.

Date of visit: July 2019