The New London Carlton Hotel
$212
$179
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmaida valesmall kitchensecure parkingkilburn parkcontinental breakfastbakerloo linetube stationabbey road studiosroad noisebed apartmentportable heaterbus stop rightrestaurants barsexcellent basecozy hotelfamily weddingfree wifi
Reviewed July 10, 2013

stayed just one night but had a great stay. chose the hotel as there was parking on site and handy for the underground.
the hotel was clean and modern. the welcome was warm and friendly.
the room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed.
the continental breakfast, served in our room was plentiful.
would definately stay there again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank j00ls2010
Hotel-Manager-TNLC, Manager at The New London Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The New London Carlton Hotel. I am grateful for your feedback.

My team and I were delighted that you enjoyed your stay in terms of accommodation, location and the service you received from our team. We welcome all feedback at The New London Carlton Hotel as we constantly seek to improve the experience of our guests and thank you or taking the time to review your stay.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope to see you again at The New London Carlton Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here for a month with our small daughter when the move in date for the property we were moving too was put back. We enjoyed it so much we were actually sorry when we had to move out! It provided all that we needed and the staff were efficient, flexible and accommodating - especially Abdul on reception, who managed to sort out EVERYTHING that we asked for. Location is good - five minute walk from Maida Vale Tube and there is a bus stop right outside where buses and night buses take you down into the West End - our journey to school in W1 took less than 15 minutes. Paddington Recreation Ground is a few minutes walk, there are restaurants bars and local facilities in Maida Vale and if you walk less than ten minutes in the other direction towards Kilburn you have bigger supermarkets and shops. Little Venice, Lords, Regents Canal, Portobello Market and Westbourne Grove are all walkable. The hotel has a coffee bar, outside seating, secure parking and laundry facilities. All the local takeaways deliver too...in fact our first order after we'd moved out went there rather than to our new flat...once again, Abdul saved the day and redirected them to us! All in all we thought the New London Carlton offered better value than similar Central London serviced apartments.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. The first floor rear rooms have French doors onto a flat roof - locked for safety reasons but they make the room feel more open...but they are above the boiler room so can be a bit noisy at times.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jubejubearabaraba
Hotel-Manager-TNLC, General Manager at The New London Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest

My team and I were delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. The accommodation, location and the service you received from our team. We welcome all feedback at The New London Carlton Hotel as we constantly seek to improve the experience of our guests and thank you or taking the time to review your stay.
I am also very pleased to hear that Abdul was such a great help to you.

Thanks once again for your review and I hope you return to The New London Carlton Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to Wembley Stadium as we were attending a concert there. It's walking distance to Maida Vale tube station so transport links are good to all the main attractions in London as well as Wembley. Check in was 2pm. The room was a very generous size (a nice change in London) with a separate kitchen, bathroom and dressing room within the apartment. A full selection of toiletries were provided in the bathroom. The bedroom was very clean and the bed very comfortable. We booked in for breakfast the next morning which was cooked to order and not buffet style. The only minor complaint was we had to wait a while as they were short staffed in the kitchen that particular morning but the chef couldn't be more obliging and brought us toast whilst we waited so we didn't really mind too much as we weren't in any rush. Check out time is 12pm which was nice for a Sunday lie in too! All in all it ticked a lot of boxes for us and I would certainly stay again. Price wise it is very reasonable for London at £138 per night (prices vary depending on rooms). Worth a look!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank pb231

Dear Guest

Please accept my apologies for the wait you had with your breakfast order, but I am very pleased to hear that my chef was helpful.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had room 25 situated at the back of the hotel, good sized room and away from the main road, very quiet. The hotel was good value for money and in a location close to the Under/Overground stations.
Also not too far away is a great little Bistro "The Elgin", and Little Venice is within walking distance.

Room Tip: I had room 25 situated at the back of the hotel, good sized room and away from the main road, very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shaun S

Dear Guest

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The accommodation, location and the service you received from our team.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Ideal place for a short stay. Stayed overnight. Good value for London with the added bonus of car parking. The apartment had a large bedroom with a small kitchenette and a reasonable toilet and shower room.The decor was simple but impressive.The hotel is within easy walking distance to Maida Vale shops and St Johns Wood.They no longer supply breakfast but cafes are close by in Maida Vale. We were informed so took our own continental breakfast.
This is not a five star hotel but for its situation,cleanliness and its cost it is ideal. It would definitely be worth a return visit when visiting London again.

Room Tip: Our room at the back had two large windows which made the room very bright. It was sunny but the windows had impressive modern sun-blinds.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends