The New London Carlton Hotel
$215
$159
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmaida valesmall kitchensecure parkingkilburn parkcontinental breakfastbakerloo linetube stationabbey road studiosroad noisebed apartmentportable heaterbus stop rightrestaurants barsexcellent basecozy hotelfamily weddingfree wifi
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Nice big double room, very close to the tube. Not the best breakfast in the world but ok for the money. If I paid full price for the room then might not have been so happy. The water pressure in the shower was good. Would go back if I was in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in January this year and it wasn't the best place to stay but I was re booked in by my work place as we had a meeting near by. To be honest I pleasantly surprised, upon arrival you could see the changes from the entrance. I was given the room 23 which is at the second floor , when I entered the room was newly painted and it looked spacious, elegantly decorated with quality furniture and flat screen tv. I received cleaning daily, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I definitely will stay there again.

Room Tip: Before booking the room call at the reception ...they may give you a better rate then online prices.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank james a
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Excellent Value
Was very pleasantly surprised with my second stay at this hotel.I had booked a double room and I ended up in a luxury double room with fully equiped kitchenette.A lot of space in the room with brand new furniture and appliances.Free wifi with a better connectivity.Not too long for a walk to Maida Vale tube station and a very close bus station towards Marble Arch.Would definitely recommend and will come back again!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank moronstein
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at the Carlton in Maida Vale for one night during the Olympics. Free parking was a bonus and the staff were friendly and helpful, but that's where the positives finish. The room was OK, but very basic. No bedside lamps, there was a phone, but it was not functional, so when we needed to phone reception to ask how we were supposed to shower in cold water, we had to use our mobile to call the hotel! After asking for hot water, they said they would investigate and that we shoud run it for 5 minutes. After running the shower for about 10 minutes, hot water finally arrived. Our double room had no kitchenette so we can't comment on the self-catering aspect. Their kitchen was not finished, so breakfast was by way of a voucher that we could use at a local cafe. We had no fan or air conditioning in the room, so it was pretty damned hot during the day and we had to sleep with the window open. On the whole, we felt that the hotel had potential and was well located, but just not ready for customers at that time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Wouldnt stay here again but had no choice to to lack of availability for hotels during the London 2012 Olympics. Bad points: Sofa bed for kids really uncomfortable and springy! Shower way too small, noisy reception as apartment next to them on the ground floor. NOT a hotel at all just rented apartments as there is no room service, no maid service. Good points: easily accessible from M1, can park car for little expense in safe rear car park. Ten mins from Tube (Maida Vale), direct buses to Marble Arch very frequently. Staff friendly and reception area clean. Our apartment was clean but little whiff from sink every now and then! Won't stay again. Olympics were fab tho so nothing could ruin our three days!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family