“Disappointing high tea at the Hamptons Bar”
Review of Hamptons Bar

Hamptons Bar
Ranked #4,293 of 24,250 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: The Hamptons Bar is a chic enclave where cocktails can be savoured and memories made. With the air of sophistication, large elegant gilt mirrors and high-backed chairs the decor creates a sense of intimacy for a tete-a-tete or a larger gathering. The bar team are true professionals, with a extensive cocktail list that continuously reflects the season's finest ingredients. For those looking for light refreshments, the bar also serves afternoon tea, bar bites and light meals - creating the perfect place to unwind at any time of day.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Just had afternoon tea at the Hamptons Bar.

I think my expectations were too high. The service, quality and ambience was way below par compared to Taj West End in Bangalore which I have just visited last week.

Service was luke warm, food was okay, ambience was not that great. I was embarrassed to have taken my friends to try the London "Taj" hotel, which turned out to be average at best.

Wont be visiting again.

2  Thank Jimmy K
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at Hamptons Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear TheonlyYs,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Hamptons Bar for afternoon tea. The team and I were disappointed to read from your review that you were far from satisfied with your experience.

We always strive to make the Afternoon Tea an experience that will live long in the memory for the right reasons and not for the reasons you have described. We hope to establish when you visited us and so corrective action can be undertaken.

Thank you again for the feedback and review and I hope that we can welcome you back and so you can see the improvements that we have made.

St James' Court, A Taj Hotel

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Lovely little bar in the Crowne Plaza hotel. The bar is nice, great ambience and a quiet little place to finish off your hectic day. The food prices are expensive for what you receive.

Dear Chris W,

Many thanks for your review, we are delighted to read that you found Hamptons Bar a great place to finish off your day. We it a drink, a snack or something more substantial, Hamptons Bar should be able to cater for your needs.

We hope to welcome you back on a future visit to the hotel and thank you again for the review.

St James' Court, A Taj Hotel

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Staff superb food brilliant. Place immaculate very clean well laid out and very comfy. Can't complain.

MGR_CPLONSJ, Manager at Hamptons Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Tim J,

Thank you for your review for your visit to Hamptons Bar. The team and I were very pleased to read that you had a great experience, we hope to welcome you back again soon either when staying in the hotel or visiting the area.

Thank you again for the great review.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The bar/lounge was very pleasant, staff on the whole very good, but were a bit inattentive, you had to wait ages to be served and the staff were overly keen on folding napkins?

Overall a nice spot to finnish of a day with a quiet drink with the one you love.

MGR_CPLONSJ, Manager at Hamptons Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Graeme1940,

Thank you for the review for your visit to Hamptons Bar as you stayed at the hotel. Whilst I was pleased you enjoyed the environment, I was far more disappointed to read of the service you have received. I will be addressing this with the Bar Manager as this is not acceptable and must improve.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope we can entice you back to the Bar again on a visit to London or during a stay in the hotel.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We went as a group of 5 to celebrate a colleagues birthday. They sat us in a private room and not the actual bar and then immediately forgot about us. Eventually we were brought our afternoon tea, and 5 minutes later (after I had scoffed a few sandwiches as I was starving from the long wait) it was taken away again as it was supposed to be for someone else... Not sure why they couldn't have left it for us - if they were taking it to another party some of the food had probably been touched by our party - made me worry about hygiene and more importantly, common sense. We were offered a complimentary glass of champagne for the mix up (nice gesture - thank you), which went straight to my head as we had another fairly long wait before we finally got our food. The afternoon tea itself was very nice - good sandwiches and cakes - and I couldn't fault it. So had they redeemed themselves you are wondering??? Well no. When trying to pay another fiasco ensued. We all wanted to pay for our tea separately which seemed to completely flummox the waiter. I even worked out how much we each should pay and told him to take a specific amount from my card, but he put a different amount through. Then my colleague wanted to pay for 2 people but he put these transactions through separately so she had 2 card transactions??? It took about half an hour to get out of the place.

MGR_CPLONSJ, Manager at Hamptons Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Julie H,

Thank you for the review for your recent Afternoon Tea experience in Hampton's Bar. I am extremely disappointed to read of the poor service that you had during your visit and that this spoilt what should have been an enjoyable experience.

I will be addressing the issues that you have mentioned directly with the management and team in the bar and ensure corrective training is undertaken with the entire team. I am pleased that you enjoyed the food once you received it.

I sincerely hope that the quality of the actual afternoon tea will influence you to return, and that you will see the improvements in service that have been made.

Thank you again for your review and apologies for the disappointing experience.