“The afternoon tea service is amazing!”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #3,089 of 23,041 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The afternoon tea service is amazing!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Upon my arrival in London, I decided that I wanted to experience Afternoon Tea with my friend. Because we didn't plan ahead, we were scrambling around trying to find a place that could accommodate us at the last minute. All of the popular places were booked but just as I started panicking, I came across the Egerton House Hotel's tea service and was very pleased that they had a reservation available. When we arrived at the hotel, my friend and I were both delighted by what we saw. We were the first tea service of the day and were able to get the much coveted seat by the window and the fireplace in the comfy arm chairs. It was perfect. The staff was top notch. The tea was delicious and the scones, desserts and finger sandwiches that were served were incredible. The best part is that we weren't rushed out the door to make room for other customers. We were encouraged to sit and enjoy ourselves for a few hours before heading back out into the busy streets. It was a perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a posh tea experience!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Alyssa R

• Korean first
London
“HIGH TEA”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I went with my daughter for Mothers Day tea and the service was impeccable and gracious.
The tea was delicious and they gave us extra sandwiches and scones at absolutely no extra cost.

They really couldn't do enough to make our stay pleasant without being overbearing. What a lovely afternoon we had and we will certainly be visiting again.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Afternoon Tea review”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was saddened with my afternoon tea experience today, on mothers day.
The hotels location is lovely and I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, however the staff did not make it special at all, in fact nothing was mentioned about mothers day at all! The scones were raw inside, and when I pointed it out to the waiter, he just took them away without saying a word, and came back ten minutes later with ONE scone on the plate and walked away. He didn't say, apologise or acknowledge anything. I didn't even have a chance to ask him for a tea refill. The sandwiches were a little dry on the edges suggesting they had been out for some time and the cakes were very average, two cakes were chocolate brownies, and another was a fruit cake.
I was really looking forward to this afternoon tea this being mothers day, but I a, very dissapointed I had booked it here. I was told that each mom gets a gift and I received nothing. All and all I will not be returning.

Gros Islet, St. Lucia
“Antonio is the best!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Best proper cosy hotel bar one can ask for! Very intimate, perfect for cold winter night with Antonio the bar man making the world of a difference. You don't even have to look for him to top up your drink - he is very switched on with old world charm! A must if you are in the area before or after dinner or any time of the day! A true gem.

Rome, Italy
“A really spectacular Tea time!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have lived in London and went to several tea room, but the Egerton tea is far most the best in London without spending "milions".

Finger Food, tea, scones and pastry are absolutely delicious. Scones comes warm as if they have been made in that moment. Pastry is soo good that you wish it never ends.

The enviroment is absolutely fantastic, staff kind and polite. Once we had Tea inforn of fire place and that was really special.

Absolutely the Tea time to try.

• Visited December 2012