“Enjoyable meal”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have lived in Wandsworth for 5 years and have often walked past Doukan but never gone in. Big mistake!!!! We finally decised to give it a try and were very pleasantly surprised. To eat we had the plate of mixed Moroccan starters and to be honest, shared between 2 people, that is almost a meal in itself. And they were varied and delicious. In addition to the excellent starters the main courses were also very good. I would have no hesitation in recommending Doukan; you will receive excellent food with attentive service. I have noticed that some reviewers have commented on the prices. Doukan is not the cheapest restaurant I have been to but neither is it the most expensive. And the quality of the food does make up for the prices charged.

1  Thank FrequentTravels000

Reviewed May 14, 2013

In a city renowned for gastronomy that is the capital of a country without an especially delicious cuisine itself, it's places like Doukan that take the cake as must-eats. Overshadowed by the more known Indian restaurants in town, Moroccan cuisine is distinct from other Mediterranean cultures and this place is a stellar place to experience well prepared delicious cuisine at a price that is very low for London standards. Be sure to try the Chicken Bastille - probably the tastiest thing I ate in all of the UK.

1  Thank Jon1796
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Pleasant and fairly quiet place on a Saturday night. Food really was good with each of our 4 dishes having its own unique set of flavours. The owner is very enthusiastic about it all and definitely helped make the experience a little more special.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I 've been here to celebrate a special occasion and its was a great experience.
Food is very tasty and good portions size. During the week at dinner time,they do 2 course meal with a glasse of wine for £19 and a lunch menu at £10 for 2 course..very good value!
Service is great, very efficient staff and always checking if everything is ok.
Decor is pretty impressive and very beautiful, perfect for special occasions.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I recently arranged a leaving do and we were a group of 12. There was only one waiter available but that was not a problem as we were the only ones in the restaurant.

My friend brought a homemade cake and was informed by the female manager that it would cost £2 to serve the cake. We agreed to it but when the bill arrived we were charged £24 for the cake to be served!!

Not even some the top restaurants in London charge £2 per person to slice a piece of cake and serve it on a plate! If we had known, we would have never come to the restaurant. This service charge was uncalled for and needless to say, the manager didn't bother to come over to explain herself and the waiter became quite rude. We paid but took off the tip because they didn't deserve it.

They gave us a drinks menu but there was no barman and the waiter said he couldn't make most of the drinks...

Portions were tiny for the price....better off goings to Konnigans Bar next door for service with a smile.

I wouldnt go back.

doukan, Owner at Doukan, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our Restaurant ,we are taking very seriously every single comment bad or good.You had booked your table on a Wednesday at 3pm, which is a good quiet time for us ( between lunch and dinner),at this time you were the only table left in the restaurant and I thought my waiter was able to manage your table in a good way ,I had an emergency soon after you arrive and that is why I could not come back to you during the meal or even at the end and I must apologise for that.I am sorry to hear that you find us overpriced , on the day we offered you to choose from the lunch menu (£6.50 to £9.95 a main course)and our 2 course express lunch at £10.The cakeage is common in restaurant ,we presented,sliced and served your lovely cake and no other dessert was ordered.Again I must apologise for the misunderstanding of the charge (£2 per person cakeage).At lunch time we only add service charge for table over 6 people.I will speak to my waiter regarding the drinks he coud not make and the fact that you mention that he was rude.Again we are taking every comment very seriously ,we are an independent ,family run restaurant and I am deeply sorry and disappointed to hear about your experience in our restaurant.i will contact you personally as I was not aware of the situation .