“Great experience!”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I 've been here to celebrate a special occasion and its was a great experience.
Food is very tasty and good portions size. During the week at dinner time,they do 2 course meal with a glasse of wine for £19 and a lunch menu at £10 for 2 course..very good value!
Service is great, very efficient staff and always checking if everything is ok.
Decor is pretty impressive and very beautiful, perfect for special occasions.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I recently arranged a leaving do and we were a group of 12. There was only one waiter available but that was not a problem as we were the only ones in the restaurant.

My friend brought a homemade cake and was informed by the female manager that it would cost £2 to serve the cake. We agreed to it but when the bill arrived we were charged £24 for the cake to be served!!

Not even some the top restaurants in London charge £2 per person to slice a piece of cake and serve it on a plate! If we had known, we would have never come to the restaurant. This service charge was uncalled for and needless to say, the manager didn't bother to come over to explain herself and the waiter became quite rude. We paid but took off the tip because they didn't deserve it.

They gave us a drinks menu but there was no barman and the waiter said he couldn't make most of the drinks...

Portions were tiny for the price....better off goings to Konnigans Bar next door for service with a smile.

I wouldnt go back.

doukan, Owner at Doukan, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our Restaurant ,we are taking very seriously every single comment bad or good.You had booked your table on a Wednesday at 3pm, which is a good quiet time for us ( between lunch and dinner),at this time you were the only table left in the restaurant and I thought my waiter was able to manage your table in a good way ,I had an emergency soon after you arrive and that is why I could not come back to you during the meal or even at the end and I must apologise for that.I am sorry to hear that you find us overpriced , on the day we offered you to choose from the lunch menu (£6.50 to £9.95 a main course)and our 2 course express lunch at £10.The cakeage is common in restaurant ,we presented,sliced and served your lovely cake and no other dessert was ordered.Again I must apologise for the misunderstanding of the charge (£2 per person cakeage).At lunch time we only add service charge for table over 6 people.I will speak to my waiter regarding the drinks he coud not make and the fact that you mention that he was rude.Again we are taking every comment very seriously ,we are an independent ,family run restaurant and I am deeply sorry and disappointed to hear about your experience in our restaurant.i will contact you personally as I was not aware of the situation .

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Excellent, delicious, brilliant moroccan restaurant. Comes highly recommended for a quiet evening, or fun night out with a group.

doukan, Owner at Doukan, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

I am so glad you had a good time and I just wanted to say thank you for your lovely review and look forward to welcome you again in our restaurant .

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently had to organise my best friends hen do and was recommended Doukan by my brother. We were having a weekend away and i organised for Doukan to do the catering for one of the nights. Khalil, the owner, helped me choose a selection of foods to suit different dietary requirements and get the best of all the foods and tastes. He gave me step by step instructions on how to reheat and get it to the best quality possible and allowed me to contact him on the day if i needed!
The food was excellent, the lamb was so tender and fell off the bone, the chicken equally as good. All of the food was full of flavour and everyone commented on how great it was. I am looking forward to visiting the restaurant and getting the whole experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great service, fantastic food, great selection of Moroccan wines, such a change from the everlasting French and new world. Nice ambience and fun smoking the pipes outside