TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Believe the hype!

Every performer is outstanding, honestly the best production I have ever been to. I can’t wait to... read more

Reviewed today
Butterfly3001
AMAZING - exceeded all expectations

I had heard people rave about Hamilton and thought - really? How could you rave about something... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
CarolineMcD81
Horley, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around London
from $28.96
from $85.58
from $46.21
from $32.52
More Info
All reviews american history king george royal circle founding fathers aaron burr waited months original broadway sound track standing ovation west end musical theatre entire show les miserables history lesson singing and dancing bought tickets front row
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Superb! We had seats at €75 but willingly pay €200 to see it again.
The dancing, acting and music were second to none.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

My partner wanted to see this and I was hesitant. We have been twice ! The first time we were in the dress circle and the second time the stalls. Both experiences were great but the stalls were phenomenal. To be honest I would recommend listening to the soundtrack before you go as it is not always clear in the dress circle. I’m not sure Whether it was because I knew what I was listening to or it is much clearer in the stalls. The one thing I am sure of is that the view of the choreography from the stalls is amazing. Slow motion, past scenes, simple and effective. What a brilliant way to retell the story.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 16, 2019

Beautiful theatre and a super musical we got slip seats which give a more affordable price so even better all good 5 stars

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

Took about an hour to tune into the unintelligible lyrics. And then only understood about 50%.

Slick and some humour to relieve the over long production. I was so keen to like it and was ultimately disappointed and felt cheated because of the hype.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank John A
Reviewed September 13, 2019

I was really excited to see this show with my teenage daughter and her friend, which we'd waiting months to see. We had amazing seats, and the theatre itself was stunning. However, I found the whole show underwhelming. No change of set; a revolving stage, which moved the characters around - why?; various props of tables and chairs coming into play then being taken out again. And non-stop rap, which was a bit tedious given the hype. Emperor's new clothes springs to mind. My analogy for the experience would be a child on Christmas morning, opening up their long-anticipated "Selection Box" and finding one, very over-rated 'Smartie'. I could hardly understand a word of the 'songs' - and believe me, I really did try. The dialogue/rap was fast-paced, shouty and unintelligible for most of the time. The girl's song at the end was lovely, and the "King" was really fun. But seriously, I was expecting a bit more than a seaside "Punch and Judy" show experience. Disappointing. Save your money - there are better shows in London.

Date of experience: September 2019