“Great Cheeseburger”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Cheeseburger”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The cheeseburgers at this restaurant are great and so is the music selection. The whole restaurant has an American theme that is well done and they serve excellent bloody mary's.
I do agree about the service it is a ittle bit slack and hipsterish.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lenny O

“PICK THE RIGHT WAITER”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I recently went to The Diner with my husband, sister and niece. We went on a Friday night and were amazed how busy the place was (because normally it's half empty whenever we walk past). The greeter asked us if we had booked and we tried not to laugh.

We got shown to a table near the serving hatch as there were very few free. Unfortunately, we had a waiter who seriously needed more training. We all ordered, burgers and fat fries. After a wait, we all got burgers except my niece and thin fries. On querying these, they were taken away and eventually replaced with the correct type ordered. My niece waited and waited but no burger came. So we called over another waiter and asked him to find out what was happening. All he was concerned about was who we had ordered off, not sorting out the problem.

Eventually our waiter ambled over and we explained that there was one burger missing. After looking at his pad, he said accusingly "there's nothing on the pad," as if it was our fault that he had not written it down! So he ordered it but it took at least 20 minutes to arrive by which time the rest of us had finished eating. He did say that they would take the price of her burger off the meal but they still wanted to charge us the full service charge.

We even had another waitress apologise to us, he did apologise but very perfunctorily.

In short, the food was ok but the service was pretty poor. I hear that it's been sold and is going to be turned into a delicatessen or a restaurant. I hope the service will be better than at The Diner.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Elizabeth T
Antibes, France
“Amazing - Great for a Friday night (or Saturday morning... or both)”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ordered takeaway a few times while staying with some friends just down the road. Great start to our Friday night when we had all finished work - chilli cheese fries - amazing.
I'd definitely go for another Diner-Dog or a chilli burger.
Saturday afternoon hangover called for more american food, and the Root Beer Float was fantastic - haven't had a proper one in England before.

• Visited April 2013
Sligo, Ireland
“Great American Joint”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Milkshakes, big greasy burgers, over-easy eggs, bottomless coffe ... a real taste of an American Diner. I had a fantastic medium rare burger with a fried egg and guacamole, skinny chips and a Coke. One of the best burgers I've ever had. I had sauce dripping off my elbows by the time I had finished it.

• Visited March 2013
“Indecent”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My children were keen to go to the Diner as they were told by a friend. The setting is classic and was looking forward to it. It was a disaster. The place is filthy, the service appalling (one of the staff had his trousers half way down his bottom and would bend in front of our table) and the food beyond average. With all the choices you have in London for a good burger don't bother going to this joint. It is pitiful.

• Visited February 2013