“Fantastic”
Review of iYara Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

iYara Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We also provide a Takeaway service. NOTE: This is COLLECTION ONLY.
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Great food great service! one of the best thai restaurants outside Thailand! A must for thai food lovers

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Great place. Delicious, well presented and fragrant food. Do not hesitate even for a second! Best thai we've ever had!

1 Thank Iwona C
St-Paul-de-Vence, France
“Superb food and excellent service”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

From the moment one walks in the door, one is made to feel special. Greeted by Nat and his staff with a warm smile as we were shown to our table. It was my first visit, although my friends had been many times before. There is a very intimate ambience and crisp white table linen adorn each table. An excellent menu with enough choice to suit all palates, we all received our food in unison and every dish was cooked to perfection. Staff were attentive without being intrusive and the whole experience was a delight. Can't wait for my next visit, the best Thai food I have ever tasted, absolutely superb and the service was second to none.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Workman_13
London, United Kingdom
“Eating out at its best”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I went with 3 friends for an evening meal. The restaurant is immaculately clean, well spaced and creatively displays eyecatching interesting real exotic plants as part of the tasteful, colourful decor. The welcome was very warm and the service well timed and seamless. We ordered shared starters which all arrived with accompanying dipping sauces. Each item was delicious and beautifully presented and the portion sizes were very generous. Empty plates was the outcome! The same has to be said when we moved on to the chosen mains courses. When a dish turned out to be overly spicy for one of our group, it was immediately removed and quickly replaced by a freshly cooked version using less spice. This option is always negotiable at iYara including at the time of ordering which is a real plus point. When it came to dessert, we all decided on award-winning honeycomb icecream. It was absolutely scrumptious and certainly deserved its award status. The owner was attentive and keen to know how we felt about our meal. It was clear to see that he is very passionate about his business and prepared to keep up current great standards whilst seeking ways to excel even further wherever possible by listening to customer feedback. Last but not least, prices. We were all pleasantly surprised at the very reasonably priced total for our meals and tipping was left to our discretion which I think is always a good sign from my extensive experience of eating out. It shows such confidence in the level of service provided that you would surely want to show your appreciation by leaving a well earned tip! iYara is now firmly on my list of repeat restaurants and comes highly recommended as a wonderful eating experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank marion e
London
“Best Thai food I've had outside of Thailand”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is one of those restaurants that got everything right. We will be back, for sure!

The food was excellent, a class above the usual Thai food experience in London. Once upon a time I spent several weeks in Thailand eating very nice food. This was the first time, in London, that I could say the food was as good, or better than what I had in Thailand.

With all the plants, I did have a few flashbacks of eating on the beach in Thailand, minus the sea of course!

What really made the experience special (and secured the 5th star) was the attention to detail: from the big things like the harmony of the interior design, to the small things like the ornate box for the bill, or the silicon band on the tea cups to protect your hands from the heat, or even the salad leaf in the semi-decorative salad that comes with the starters (usually this will be a tough outside leaf, just used as a base, but here it was entirely edible) - little things, but they really do add up.

Since we were the last to leave on that night I enjoyed a conversation with the owner and he was genuinely passionate about his food, which is something that I really love to see.

Prices were very fair, lower than expected actually for Wimbledon.

If you decide to visit (and you really should) then be sure to book ahead - the place is quite small and (understandably) popular in the evenings.

Visited March 2014