“Bangkok Rudevard”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of bangkok boulevard

bangkok boulevard
Reserve with OpenTable
bangkok boulevard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12,775 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
London
“Bangkok Rudevard”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had booked a table for 3 people 2 weeks in advance to celebrate my brother's birthday. We arrived at the restaurant on time. I explained to a waitress that I had booked a table and gave my name, she asked me to wait. She went and asked a member of staff that was working at a table off of the main part of the restaurant to move and shoved another round table up against it and laid a knife and fork there. Another waitress came and asked if I had booked I said yes and that we were being seen to and she shouted that she wanted my name. I gave my name and she shouted that she needed my name again. We were finally seated at this make shift table in a corridor alongside the kitchen. I wouldn't have been so shocked at this treatment if I had not booked ahead but it was unacceptable when a person has taken the trouble to book. We took our business elsewhere and will not be returning.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank NonnyB

London
“Good food and good atmosphere”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a pretty good restaurant, nothing stand out but still worth visiting.

The restaurant itself is modern and comfortable, the staff, we found to be incredibly friendly and chatty, it was nice that they were so interested in what we thought of the food. Service is very prompt without being overbearing.

The portions in my opinion are very generous, the dishes we had were reasonably spicy, I would have preferred a bit spicier but then again I like very hot food. For the quality, location and quantity I think the prices are deserved.

I will definitely be visiting again but it would be nice if they had a better dessert menu, the pre packaged type of desserts are always a disappointment, it would be nice to at least have sticky rice and mango available (in the right season).

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice setting”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Waitresses were delightful, made s all feel very welcome. Nice decor even if the venue did feel a bit small. Felt intimate rather than cramped.
Dishes were served with an eye for detail. Sticky rice was amazing. The sea bass special with a cold Thai salad was gorgeous if a wee bit sweet. There is free parking in nearby side roads after 1730. Only real downside, this s set opposite a rather horrible council estate whose residents did eye the jeep with a mite too much enthusiasm. Car still present on exit from restaurant, so all not lost. 2 courses with sides and wine for 4 and soft drinks only set us back just over £100 with service included when we booked with top table. So very good value

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best soft shell crab. On the planet!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Really loved this place. Small intimate place with good service. Food is amazing try the tofu massaman. Yum! The corn fritters and soft shell crab were out of this world.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“For those who actually know Thai food, this is really just so-so”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

For a girly chat in the evening we booked it with a 50% off menu price via TopTable. For a Thursday 7pm it was really quiet - maximum 2 tables (including us) at most at a time. That being said, the service was still slow and not very attentive. Not the friendliest waitress as well.

Being familiar and lover of Thai food, their food was really just so-so and not authentic. WIthout the 50% offer it would be rather expensive for its quality. Overall, disappointed. Will not go back and will not recommend.

• Visited March 2013