“Nice place”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Reviewed November 7, 2012

A comfortable place to have a drink or tea with nice comfortable sofas. The staff are very friendly and there are newspapers available if you want to catch up on the news.

GMGreenpark, General Manager at Berry Bar & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for posting your review delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Afternoon Tea is served in the modern and intimate surroundings of the Berry Bar and Lounge. Tea service starts from 2:30pm – 6pm every day, we opted for a slot at 3pm which probably turned out to be a wise decision as groups that arriver later than us were having to wait some time to get service.

After being seated in a secluded spot toward the back of the lounge we were informed by our waiter how the tea service would work and what our package included (£29.50 per head):

- A signature cocktail made from Beefeater 24 gin or a glass of champagne each
- A selection of finger sandwiches
- Freshly baked scones with clotted cream and preserves
- An assortment of cakes
- A selection of 12 speciality loose teas

A good selection of loose tea was promptly presented and we made our selection to go with our cakes, opting to have our cocktail first and tea later. My friend went for a ‘Watermelon Medley’ – non-alcoholic cocktail of simply fresh pressed watermelon and lime juice, garnished with fresh mint, a watermelon slice and lengthened with a splash of soda. I opted for ’Blossom’ - a sweet and sour signature cocktail apple blend made with Williams Chase Gin is complimented with elderflower, raspberries and lavender syrup…very refreshing!

Shortly after our drinks arrived out came the cake stand. I tend to be mostly interested in the sandwiches rather than the cakes as I lack a sweet tooth. I have to say the sandwiches were quite a disappointment and lacked any excitement at all. All were very simple and didn’t look like much expense had gone into them. The smoked salmon sandwiched seemed to be in what seemed like a bitter chocolate bread it was absolutely foul. The cake selection was good and cater for all tastes, included was a berry flavoured macaroon, strawberry and custard tart, chocolate mousse slice and a Victoria sponge. There was also a fruit smoothie shot which looked like it would be nice but tasted rather cheesey. The freshly baked scones were definitely the best part of the experience. We got a plain and a fruit one each and they were delicious, just perfect.

Thankfully we had each others great company and didn’t look too much into the mediocre food. The couple seated next to us with angry faces were waiting 45 minutes just to get their tea, when they finally managed to get a waiters attention to get their cake stand there was no apology, the waiter actually got defensive and started firing excuses at the customer which just enraged her further. I suspect they did not have a good experience.

Overall, I would say that afternoon tea here is pretty average, definitely not worth £29.50 a head, luckily we got a deal from TravelZoo which was £35 for two people so £17.50 each is not so hard to bear. The setting and atmosphere are nice but the food could be improved.

4  Thank Victoria S
GMGreenpark, General Manager at Berry Bar & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, I was saddened to read of your disappointment. I would really appreciate it if I can contact you directly. Please do let me know the best way to contact you, my email address is patricia.mahon@hilton.com

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Enjoyed afternoon tea as part of a Travelzoo offer. The Hilton Green Park is located down a side street and not immediately obvious but the Bar/lounge is welcoming although the decor is in need of a refurb (at least in the glass area where we were seated). That having said, it did not spoil our enjoyment. A bit surprising the tea selection included one which was unavailable - surely it would have been better to have removed it from the display? The included cocktails were great, especially as it was a warm day. All staff were courteous and attentive but not "in your face". Overall a good value Travelzoo offer.

GMGreenpark, General Manager at Berry Bar & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out to post your review, delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your experience. It is unusual for a tea to be unavailable so we will of course review this to ensure it does not happen again. Thank you for your comments on the decor.
Once again, thank you for review and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had purchased Afternoon Tea with Cocktails from Travel Zoo for my Mum's Birthday. It is always a concern with vouchers that you will be treated as a second class citizen but it could not have been further from the truth. I phoned on the day to see if we could come earlier than booked and this was fine. We arrived and were welcomed into the very simple elegant bar. The tables are well placed so that you are not next to another table, the decor is simple, clean and elegant. All the staff were lovely but the young lady who looked after us was really excellent, very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Cocktails were served while we chose from a selection of fine teas which were then served with a wonderful selection of sandwiches and cakes. Everything was fresh and actually just perfect for us, we could not have wanted for more. We took our time and relaxed enjoying a real treat, then we were presented with complimentary glasses of champagne as the waitress had overheard me wishing my Mum Happy Birthday, how lovely. I really do have not complaints, will recommend and already intend to return with friends when next in town. Spot on, thank you.

GMGreenpark, General Manager at Berry Bar & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you so much for posting your review, we are all thrilled that you and your mother enjoyed your Afternoon tea. I will thank all the team for taking such good care of you. Once again, thank you for choosing us as the place in which to celebrate this special occasion for your Mother and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Nice surroundings poor service. Tea was luke warm took a long time to come, had to ask for milk.
Food very slow in arriving but okay . Will not be recommending this place to friends or family

Thank you for your review and I am so sorry that we let you down on this occasion. I would really welcome an opportunity to speak to you directly. I would be grateful if you could kindly forward me your details in order for me to be able to contact you, my email address is patricia.mahon@hilton.com.