“Saturday night jazz gig in the garden”

The Black Orchid @ The John Baird
Ranked #6,699 of 28,445 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2019

First Sat of the month is a free jazz gig at this pub. As its in the garden there are loads of smokers so if you don't like this, be warned. No amplification so its best to get close if you want to hear the music above the talking clientele.
The Black Sheep Brewery ale is very good, far better than the Courage best bitter.
Nice night out, will go again.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (100)

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

Popped into The John Baird - stupidly expensive, won't be staying long - but interestingly turns out to be owned by the same people as The Furlong down on Conyhatch Lane, I.E. Punch Inns. I know this from when I logged into their WiFi. It has changed a little since my last visit, but sadly not for the best: If a customer happens to looking over the beer pumps, I.E. checking out the 'offer' the best thing for a member of the bar staff to say is probably something along the lines of "can I help you?" or "what would you like?" or even can I get you something?" NOT "are you alright?" I am NOT ill and hopefully do NOT look sick nor - I hope - drunk (in which case I shouldn't have been served the pint I then ordered!!! Please pleae please train your staff up!!!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Nice pub and garden with good Thai food. I always go for the weeping tiger and jasmine rice, but the pad Thai and curry is also pretty good.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

We visited as a group of 4 on Easter Sunday evening. Our order arrived swiftly despite the pub being packed, and the food was plentiful and delicious. The service too should be commended, being both efficient and friendly. A bonus was the pub quiz that was about to start as we arrived... great fun!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed February 24, 2019

The service is very poor. And the prices for the prices are VERY expensive. But the food is very good and tasty. Although I did miss tofu in the vegetable options.

Date of visit: February 2019