“If only I lived here...”
Review of The Star Pub

The Star Pub
Ranked #11,782 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Slight hiding away amongst the backstreets of Highgate, The Star is arguably one of its hidden gems and is better known to its locals than to those who may be travelling in the area. It's a refreshing environment to come across, whose charm and individuality will surely sway most of its visitors.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“If only I lived here...”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

This has got to be, the place you go to when you are in a state of tranquility, it is, without question the best bar I have sampled in London.
The food is great, the staff are great, the drinks are great... I have to say its GREAT!!!
In all seriousness there is a wonderful atmosphere in here even when the place is empty (that's only when it first opens) it's a winter warmer pun and a summer chill out bar. I really don't want people to go so I can keep it all to myself... I want to move to this part of highgate just so I can say I have the best local in London :)

1 Thank j-curv

Surrey, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Star is in a wonderful London pub building, down a very quiet road. I’ve eaten there several times recently and the food is consistently excellent. It’s more gastro pub than cheap pub grub, £12 for fish and chips but boy were they good fish and chips. The roasts on Sunday are also very good. The beer is well kept and the staff polite. I’m not sure why this place isn’t rammed all the time.

• Visited August 2013
“A hidden gem that certainly deserves a visit”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My friend and I ate here yesterday evening. We sat in the cool secret garden and were even served our food here...the staff going that extra mile to bring everything outside to us. The food was superb...cooked well and presented beautifully. The staff are friendly and make you feel welcome...I can't wait to go back when I'm next in London.

Paula from Sunderland

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly atmosphere with good food”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We ate here on a Saturday evening recently. The atmosphere is mellow and the staff very friendly and helpful. The food was great, imaginative and tasty and there was a good selection of wine by the glass or bottle. The price wasnt excessive either - very good value. We will certainly be going again soon.

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great pub”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

New management deserve to succeed. Great food and service in this great local pub. Well worth a detour

• Visited August 2012