“excellent food and fair prices”
Review of Strada - Baker Street - CLOSED

Strada - Baker Street
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Vasa
“excellent food and fair prices”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Happily surprised by excellent pasta with a lot spices and with good raw material. They had the best garlic bread in town! It was better than a dessert! Swift and good service and a nice design.

• Visited October 2012

carlow
“couldnt fault it”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

myself and my husband had a meal here after visiting madame tussards on september 29th. the meal was tasty and fabulous. the athmosphere was lovely and relaxed and the staff were friendly. the food came as ordered. overall it was a very pleasant experience and if i was again in london and saw a strada it would bring me back.

• Visited September 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Average Italianfood”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Well, a Strada is a Strada, and this is no worse or better when it comes to taste, service or ambience. The trick is you can never go truly wrong + it was open on Christmas Day which was great.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Mads33
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just Not Good Enough”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

On lunching with a colleague today I ordered Rissotto Fruite de Mare which I notice had been put up to £12.25 and I was disappointed to find no prawns as per the menu. There were mussels/squid/clams but when I enquired where they were there was no apology as they were obviously rushed for time but I was offered to be brought some. By the time I had finished my meal they were not forthcoming and I had to get back to work. On paying the bill as I had a 2 for 1 voucher I could not be given a free meal but was given a half-hearted apology that they were busy and offered £2.50 off of the cost of my colleagues meal!! Not my idea of recompense or good management. We've always had good treatment in the past so I wonder what was wrong today, both on the part of the waiter and the chef who should both have noticed that one of the ingredients were missing!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank SingaporeSling1
Georgetown, Texas
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Strada on Baker Street was very close to our hotel so we tried it for dinner. We were seated in the front room of the restaurant which was very cozy. By American standards, it was quite small and we were seated very close to other patrons but I didn't mind this as much as my husband did.
The food was delicious. We had fresh mozzarella to start and I ordered mushroom ravioli and my husband had chicken parmigiana for dinner. The chicken could have used a little more seasoning but overall it was very good. The ravioli was perfect- very flavorful and had a rich mushroom sauce. It was so good we wanted to go back for dinner on our short stay. I think our total was around 50euros which was a little pricey.

Overall- lovely, intimate place with delicious food.

• Visited October 2010