“Average British/Italian”

Ranked #1,102 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Holborn
Description: Spaghetti House Sicilian Avenue a hidden gem in Bloomsbury. Al fresco tables on this pedestrian walk are highly sought after for warm days & balmy evenings, a perfect place to enjoy a meal & a glass of wine. In winter the open kitchen & the intimate dining areas are cosy & atmospheric. The quality of the food is always superb & the staff are friendly & informative. We believe in quality & for this reason we source the best & freshest ingredients & we cook to order. If you fancy something that is not on the menu, please do ask, we will always do our best to serve you your fancy!
London, England
“Average British/Italian”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I went here for lunch today with a friend: the service was fast but not particularly friendly, and the food an average example of anglicised Italian. The pizza I had was not too bad but slightly undercooked, and the starter of antipasti quite good, particularly the Parma ham which was fresh and generous.The restaurant is OK for the area, and not expensive, but I would not go out of my way to return

• Visited October 2013

Haymarket, VA
“No service... ”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I attempted to have dinner and wine last evening... but it was not meant to be!

I was quickly seated by the hostess... provided menu and wine list. After 5 minutes had passed, another couple were seated at a nearby table. Another 5 minutes, and they were asked and provided dtheir drinks... still no contact with me. After yet another 5 minutes, I decided to eat elsewhere.

Hertford
“Authentic Italian - a nice surprise”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stopped here for lunch today. I didn't expect more than a standard Italian but this was a cut above. Spectacular veal escalope, must be one of the largest I have ever seen, cooked to perfection. Service was also excellent. I can see how the head waiter might seem a bit abrupt to some people (I noted some of the reviews) but I didn't have any problem with that. I was seated strategically right opposite the kitchen and I liked what I saw. Excellent.

• Visited September 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appalling slow service, rude waiter.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My family and I visited this restaurant after a very long day visiting London Museums, we arrived famished and desperate for a nice cold drink - The staff were very rude and provided poor slow service.
We were kept waiting for 5 minutes to be seated, the waiter was very unhelpful and deliberately awkward regarding providing us with a suitable table for 3 away from the loud crowds, eventually he reluctantly agreed to move an unused chair from a neighbouring table to seat us.
He dumped a number of menus on the table and just walked away without a word, we were then ignored for 15 minutes, we had to ask twice if we could order drinks, we had to watch the waiter approach and serve other people around us while we were told to wait and he would be with us soon.
After 25 minutes we got up and left, we were made to feel as if we were an inconvenience.
Appalling service, would never return to one of these restaurants again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TrudyByles
Philadelphia PA USA
“Fair”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived in London and wanted a nice dinner. My daughter and I had eaten at this establishment two years prior and had found it quite good. My husband and I decided to have dinner at this restaurant our first night in to London. Tired, jet lagged and looking for a good meal. We found this restaurant to be disappointing Fair at best. Just not the same as two years ago.

• Visited August 2013