“great!”

Neighborhood: City of London
Granby, Connecticut
“great!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Service is great. King cobra beers are a must. Vidal prawns are very hot but very good. We were a large party and they accommodated us even though we did t have a reservation. By 3rd time there they knew us by name. Only downside is it could easily be a 2 hr dinner

Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Unexciting menu, small portions, average food, pushy staff”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Really, I think they are fortunate to get as much as a poor rating.

Our host is an avid Indian meal freak and "always" comes here, so..............

They have only the boring Cobra and Kingfisher beers, neither of which I drink, and they were reluctant to bring me a glass of water, trying to make me have "still or sparkling". the other 5 guests had beers.

These days menus in Indian restaurants have moved away from the boring sameness that had put me off a few years ago, but there was little to excite over and above standard fare. I opted for tandoori kIng prawn to start and got precicely that - one (just about) king size prawn - for about £7

My main was another tandoori dish (shows how little there was to excite - I cannot remember the last time I ate tandoori) and the mixed grill for almost £15 consisted of a smallish quarter chicken, two pieces of lamb tikka, two of chicken tikka and a kebab. The onion bhaji was crispy but almost devoid of onion, and the nan (which I asked to be converted to garlic nan) had so little garlic in it I asked if I had the right one. Tasted just the same as the plain nan.

The staff were pushy, they must have tried to get us to have extra beers at least 10 times (although getting an extra glass of water seemed beyond them. When we were paying one of our party was a little slow as he rhad been spied by a friend and stopped for a couple of minutes to chat. The waiter got stroppy and said "I have better things to do than hang around waiing with the credit card machine".

The others all declared their meals "ok", without much enthusiasm.

There are much better options local to this place, so avoid.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank gloandbob
London, United Kingdom
“My favourite Indian restaurant in London”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I been here a number of time and always recommend it to friends.

Last time I was there I had lamb bhuna which was excellent. The staff were friendly and we didn't have to wait long for our food.

• Visited May 2014
Beaverton, Oregon
“Nice masala, downtown location”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I'm on a business trip and this place was recommended to me based on the proximity to my hotel. Good food and service, I had the chicken tikka masala, with some garlic naan. The food was good, perhaps not spectacular. I was seated right in front of an office door which meant I had staff going in and out behind me, which was a drag. But generally it was a reasonable mask, the pickle was nice and spicy and the kingfisher was nice and cold!

• Visited October 2013
Mount Dora, Florida
“Detached waiters and average food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We expected something better after reading the urbanspoon ratings. We ended up feeling rushed although they weren't very busy. Waiters were unwilling to really attempt to describe "hot'. There were 2 kinds of Indian beer. When asked what the difference is, they said they are the same. Really? Not helpful is what I'd say. The food was OK. Not bad. Not great. Would I go back. No.

Visited September 2013